Gregs Fleet

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:and I'm guessing the V8 box wouldn't be a lot different, slightly larger bell housing and a bit more in the converter, but otherwise pretty much the same box.
V6 bell housing is a tad heavier, they are full circle and reinforced. By really only max of 0.5-1kg heavier.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

i'll weigh up a T5 for shits and giggles tonight.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Holden202T »

later bell housings are full circle!

don't forget to weigh the clutch pedal hahahahahaha ;)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by immortality »

T5's are lighter but by how much I don't know. I have both in the garage and can definitely lift the T5 easier.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

some darn good info in here. yes VSH weigh in please.keen to know the weight of the thing.

try picking up an R150 with transfer case. hospital.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:later bell housings are full circle!

don't forget to weigh the clutch pedal hahahahahaha ;)
thats offset by the smaller brake pedal lol
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

thats offset by the smaller brake pedal lol
PMSL
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

just while we try to keep things on topic while VSH is off weighing shit and benching gearboxes, whats peoples thoughts on making the VT Titanic handle? lowering the centre of gravity is a start, nolathane type bushing everywhere, front and rear strut braces was about where i was going to start. thoughts / advice very welcome. also should i be looking to 17's instead of 15 for the lower sidewall height and less 'walking' rubber?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

Total 59Kg

Box with bell housing, trust bearing, clutch fork and shifter. 41Kg

bell housing about 3.5kg

Fork about 3Kg (weighted V6 one, v8 should be around 500-600g)

Flywheel a surprising 9.5Kg

whole flywheel and clutch assembly 17.5kg

Box itself is about 35kg.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:just while we try to keep things on topic while VSH is off weighing shit and benching gearboxes, whats peoples thoughts on making the VT Titanic handle? lowering the centre of gravity is a start, nolathane type bushing everywhere, front and rear strut braces was about where i was going to start. thoughts / advice very welcome. also should i be looking to 17's instead of 15 for the lower sidewall height and less 'walking' rubber?

Get superpro bushes, you can get them in even harder duro levels for race applications. Also they last, don't disintegrate or just plain fall out like nolathane ones do lol

Whats crazy is they are slightly cheaper than them too these days. no brainer really.

I would be looking into unrated springs, stiffer sway bars and good shocks like koni or bilestein. Don't get king springs though, thats what the "cool" kids get and we all know they are stupid as dog shit. Coil overs may be the way to go but Im not sure as I haven't dabbled in springs much other than poor experience in existing king or worse still pedders.