I Might take the other one a part and take a look?
Shepparton is full of COVID that's why I'm home early, screw getting that SH!T
vlad01 wrote:Have you looked at the gauge while the sender is disconnected and see if it drops to 0?
Have you measured the resistance of the sender? should be high resistance, ie. nearly open circuit when the engine is not running.
It might not even be a sender, could just be a pressure switch for an oil light in which case it will do exactly as you are seeing, fully pegged when no pressure as opposed to a sender which is high resistance when no pressure and low resistance when the pressure is high, basically the opposite to a simple oil pressure switch.
I will disconnect and see first? then do some testing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
another thought we have tried 2 senders with same result is it worth testing the sender? anyone know about the earth and the gauge flipping to the right side like that, they mention it on line but I can't find the solution
vlad01 wrote:Sounds like it. The senders I have seen were about 50mm in diameter and looked like a tin can with a terminal on it, nothing like what you have.
I remember you mentioning that!
'quipt4it wrote:You either need the correct style pressure sender or fit the 'warning light' style of gauge.