253 V8 carby selection

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

will do I'll see what I can make up :thumbup: so we are not sure what wire goes to which spade? :think:
looking at this picture the dark blue goes to the right :thumbup: so brown must go to the left over spade :think:
v8 dash I dont have this.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

will check that not sure I'll be back after I find some wires, I can probably pinch them from the anti theft solenoid that got cut out :thumbup:
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

'quipt4it wrote:I just noticed, they are referring to the single wire in the instance you spoke of.
Yes only the blue wire :think: but it's the right plug in the pictures in has 2 wires
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

'quipt4it wrote:From the previous page I said those wires join the oil pressure and volt meter gauges.
That should read oil pressure and tacho gauges.
to be honest not 100% sure tacho was working in old car :D I took it for a 2 minute drive :thumbup:
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

I'll be back one sec with photos of the dash :thumbup:
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.