Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post any other rides you have here
300kwv6
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by 300kwv6 »

Holden202T wrote:yeah so how it works is the one at the back that connects to the throttle body is unrestricted air from the air filter into the crankcase (drawn in from the PCV), then the PCV valve is in the front under the bolt beside the thermostat as said above, so basically the one on the throttle body just pumps whatever boost you are running straight into the crankcase.

so we put a breather / catch can onto it, and then blocked off the Throttle body side of it. then we removed the pcv valve and flattened the end on it, but i have also heard that the v6 sprintcar boys block them with a welsh plug then put a breather on the back of the manifold ....
Cool, thanks for the info.

If you blocked the throttle side and back of inlet manifold, could you place breather on rocker cover? Similar to the v6 series 1 design?

Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it really doesn't matter where the breather is but we went with the valley cause there doesn't seem to be too much oil splashing around there compared to the tappet cover and it also would hav required a S1 tappet cover with the fitting or something to screw in there etc. but really anywhere that vents crankcase pressure will be fine.
300kwv6
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more

Post by 300kwv6 »

Holden202T wrote:it really doesn't matter where the breather is but we went with the valley cause there doesn't seem to be too much oil splashing around there compared to the tappet cover and it also would hav required a S1 tappet cover with the fitting or something to screw in there etc. but really anywhere that vents crankcase pressure will be fine.
Thanks mate :thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well the motor is back in the VP with the kitted T700 and hi stall converter, really just need to work out how to mount/fit in the intercooler then we're mostly done!!

so fitted the wastegate pipe plumbed back into the dump pipe (to help for legalness)
P1100947.JPG
P1100947.JPG (537.12 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
also fitted a speedflow weld on adaptor to the sump for the oil return
P1100948.JPG
P1100948.JPG (559.07 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
sort this out and then we're good to go!!
intercooler2.jpg
intercooler2.jpg (265.42 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
mick is keen to get to the dyno at the same time I take the Gemini down so we can get some numbers and also make sure the tune is ok so hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks if I can get the car done!!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That oil return line looks very close the the manifold?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Yeah it was in that pic, have since rotated the turbo centre section to fix the issue!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

cool setup using the headers
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well it looks like we found the limits of the stock GM head gaskets :P

atleast that's what I think has happened, went for a test run after getting it all back together, was going really hard, converter way better off the line, shift kit awesome and was pulling really hard! then it dropped a cylinder!

long story short, its got about 50psi in the passenger front cylinder on the compression tester and when its running its pumping MASSIVE amounts of compression out of the oil filler hole!

hopefully in the next week or two i'll get some time to pull the head off and see whats gone wrong!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

would of blown the gasket into the valley very common
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah it seems like that is whats happened! will know hopefully before too long, cars have been re-arranged in the shed so i can pull it apart and not have it effect getting the gemini in and out so i'll probably make a start on it in the next few days.

out of interest delco, what gaskets is the VB running ?