festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV

Post by HQ355 »

Il be looking for one soon as I need a way for my t-56 to talk to my 808, if you can work out a price and a preferred way of payment can you pm me ? Cheers
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Dylan wrote:Put them in a sexy little box with 2 plugs hanging out, reluctor in a hall out.
Use existing hall sensor wiring to power the unit its worth $50 EASY any day of the week.
Not quite as sexy as you described, but this is how I was planning to install it in my car:
VSSbox.jpg
VSSbox.jpg (48.82 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
HQ355: I'll be in touch...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Looks neat and does the job. Easy to ad pulse correction to it?
COuld be a great unit if possible. That way can have a variety of box's run wioth the 808.

My mate fitted a T56 to his car and needed the signal converted and corrected.
festy

Post by festy »

Dylan wrote:Looks neat and does the job. Easy to ad pulse correction to it?
COuld be a great unit if possible. That way can have a variety of box's run wioth the 808.
Why would you need pulse correction with an 808, when you can set the PPK value?
Adding pulse correction is possible, but not trivial. It would require a microprocessor in there to monitor the input frequency and adjust the output to match a given ratio.
I'll have a think about it as a possible future project..
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

t56 ppk is hugely different to the stock T5, its even out of range of adjustment of the jaycar corrector
The1

Post by The1 »

T56 isn't same as T5 sensor though, it's the same as 4L60e, reluctor type, not hall?
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

How accurate does the input for the 808 have to be ? I'm not running a speedo in the car as it's in a HQ and I use a gps for speedo. I've taken it for a couple of test spins with no speed sensor so assumed it wasn't that important, as long as the 808 knows the car is moving ?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:How accurate does the input for the 808 have to be ? I'm not running a speedo in the car as it's in a HQ and I use a gps for speedo. I've taken it for a couple of test spins with no speed sensor so assumed it wasn't that important, as long as the 808 knows the car is moving ?

Accurate enough I would say, probably within 5% and it should be right. There a few parameters in there which depend on set speeds so its important to have a speed input to get all the functions to work correctly but no critical for the basic function of just running the engine as you already know.

We can adjust the PPK while checking the road speed in TP against a GPS until its right.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

festy wrote:
Dylan wrote:Looks neat and does the job. Easy to ad pulse correction to it?
Why would you need pulse correction with an 808, when you can set the PPK value?
Adding pulse correction is possible, but not trivial. It would require a microprocessor in there to monitor the input frequency and adjust the output to match a given ratio.
I'll have a think about it as a possible future project..
Its on a VK calais which runs an electronic speeco.
Yes the T56 is reluctor signal like the autos at a very high pulse rate. We used the divide by 4 output then about another 10 percent correction to get it right.
festy

Post by festy »

Ahh I see, it's the speedo and not the ecu that needs the correction - that makes sense.
I'll start working on a prototype when I get some free time...