ALDL Logger V2

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: FS: ALDL Logger V2

Post by immortality »

The DB9 cable supplied is it a standard off the shelf cable? Thinking of making the one I got with the logger a permanent connection with my O2 sensor but if I ever need another I should possibly be able to pick up another with the same colours/pin-outs?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its just a standard DB9 cable, pinouts of the connector are in the instructions :thumbup:
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yeah sweet. I think I might even have an old DB9 cable or 2 floating around here for spares.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Hi Mate,

Another quick question or suggestion.

I was using the logger at the drag strip recently :) Generally I have the auto connect and record functions set. However the driver was shutting the engine down whilst in the staging lanes (for heat soak reasons) which obviously means the logger disconnects as there is no data stream, however the logger stays powered up. Unfortunately when the engine is started again the logger does not re-connect and start logging again automatically. Is there any way this could be made to work? Once I worked out why we weren't getting any data logs I just had to show the driver how to connect and start recording with the logger but it would be great if this was automatic.

The banana manifolds on 304's get damn hot sitting idling waiting in staging lanes :(
VL400

Post by VL400 »

There is another way, can use the external logging trigger option. One of the digital inputs can be setup so when it is grounded the logging starts. Just have a toggle switch and flick it when you want to start logging/recording, it will auto disconnect once the engine is turned off still.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I'll give that a try.

I guess a switch between the digital 2 (yellow wire) and earth on the DB9 cable should suffice.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yep that is all that is needed in terms of wiring. Need to enable the option in the setup menu (instructions have further info on it too).
immortality

Post by immortality »

Would there be enough room inside the logger to mount a mini toggle switch permanently somewhere?

I was thinking if it was possible then you could simple use pin 9 (unused) on the DB9 plug to route the digital 2 signal back to the internal toggle switch.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

There is not much room inside, might be able to squeeze a small switch in there but will need to get creative!

For the next release will add polling if auto connect/record is enabled, every 10 seconds or so it will go looking for the PCM.
immortality

Post by immortality »

All good. I'll just make an external switch. Rather not risk damaging something internally.