VXDiag VCX Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by MudDuck514 »

No problem. Any time.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

If someone would please post or PM the driver .inf for both the VCX Nano and the GM MDI that would be sweet ...

From working installations or directly from the install package to ensure there has been no overwriting ...

They would be located in \Windows\inf.
To find what .inf is used for your device, find your device in,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB
expand it, and in the subkey you will find the .inf name ... This image was for another purpose, however it demonstrates the location and shows the .inf as 'oem23.inf' under parameter 'Mfg' and parameter 'DeviceDesc' ...
VP_USB_Registry.png
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by ironduke »

I only have a gm mdi, but my registry is pointing to oem24.inf for the ETAS USB Remote NDIS Network Device which is the gm MDI..
This is with a windows 10 64 bit machine.. How did you get so close with the oem23 example? lmao..
oem24.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

That's fine, Thank ya sir!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
modzer321
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am
cars: wh statesman
vy ss
vt ss
vx clubsport
vt clubsport
vy clubsport

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by modzer321 »

this wont work unless its soldered on the board
V8fan
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
cars: Astro VAN

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by V8fan »

Hello
I ask to test my buddy its freshly bought but used Nano for GM with PCM hammer
He not sure is it orig or clone cause he bought it from local guy
He was able to read entire P59 at 1x but it failed to upload kernel at 4x
Same as my SM2pro clone
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by AngelMarc »

V8fan wrote: Tue May 27, 2025 8:54 pm Hello
I ask to test my buddy its freshly bought but used Nano for GM with PCM hammer
He not sure is it orig or clone cause he bought it from local guy
He was able to read entire P59 at 1x but it failed to upload kernel at 4x
Same as my SM2pro clone
You comfortable soldering a couple wires to an ECU? BDM is stupid fast. ULinkNT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltzR1LUKCk
Don't stress specific units.
V8fan
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
cars: Astro VAN

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by V8fan »

AngelMarc wrote: Wed May 28, 2025 5:50 am You comfortable soldering a couple wires to an ECU? BDM is stupid fast. ULinkNT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltzR1LUKCk
I saw it
And my soldering kung fu technique not bad for amateur I think (I even reball BGA chips at home )
Cool but not for everyone
If I wanna do it to my buddy better use OBD2 instead of torturing PCM