First time user aldl kit

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Do some reading. It's a lot easier for you because you are with the vehicle. We can only suggest what may be going on, without knowing what you are doing... :study:
It's also very easy for you to get frustrated and lose track of where you are.
That 'Detect Hardware At Startup' was unchecked in your last images.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Yes it was unticked. The reading to me seems like I'm going round in circles.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

I noticed when you first posted in this thread you were using VR_$11_v1.05-tp5.adx.
The last screenshot shows VR_$11_v1.01.adx.
Did you try the VR_$11_v1.05-tp5.adx on your last set-up?
I just saw Errors: 0, but no freq. data (next to DA Connected), did you have the engine running?
example:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

I think I tried both adx's.
Yes had engine running.
If TeamViewer is the option, that would be awesome.
Just have to work out a time
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

The steps I'm doing to connect to my car are:

Either plug into aldl plug under dash, turn key to on position or start the car.
Then open up tunerpro RT.
Go into preferences, do the cable setups.

Can't think of any others rite now

Cheers
Pete
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Can you tell me your current/ or last settings for; cable echo Preferences in Data Acquisition and Emulation, RS232 Echo in Edit ADX (Gear Icon in header) and default BAUD rate (also in Edit ADX).
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Hi, from memory, baud rate is 8192.
Pretty sure I tried RS232 echo on and off.
Data acqu and emulation echo, I tried on and off.

Apart from that, communicating at the same time as I'm doing the setting would be awesome.

Pete
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

This is in the last 2 minutes.
Can't wait to get it to work.

Otherwise who wants to buy a aldl cable and 16pin plug kit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by immortality »

What version of tunerpro are you running and what version of Windows?

Unfortunately I have lent my cable to a friend so I can't currently plug in and work to try and replicate your issue.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

I'm using windows 10 latest version. And tunerpro RT latest version. I check this earlier, in the help tab, and check for updates