I've just made up a quick google site for anyone wanting support, I've had a few people having trouble contacting me through here
https://sites.google.com/view/ecd-information
Ecotec LS Coil Driver
-
SilentBob
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am
- cars: VY
-
Chris The Bogan
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:26 am
- cars: Vy S pac
Vq Caprice
Wh Caprice
Vs S pac ute factory manual
2 x R33 Skyline Gts-t
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
Are these still available for purchase
-
SilentBob
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am
- cars: VY
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
Not at the moment sorry, I've decided to stop making them for now. I'll post here if I decide to make some more at some point.Chris The Bogan wrote:Are these still available for purchase
I'll still be supporting those who bought them and posting app updates when necessary.
-
SilentBob
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am
- cars: VY
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
Small update. Have had an issue with the google developer account and it's been closed for some reason.
The app is still available from the site as an apk to sideload. https://sites.google.com/view/ecd-information
Will hopefully get this sorted soon
The app is still available from the site as an apk to sideload. https://sites.google.com/view/ecd-information
Will hopefully get this sorted soon
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
Could a few people convince you to put some moreSilentBob wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:43 am Small update. Have had an issue with the google developer account and it's been closed for some reason.
The app is still available from the site as an apk to sideload. https://sites.google.com/view/ecd-information
Will hopefully get this sorted soon
Together?
-
SilentBob
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am
- cars: VY
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
I don't have as much time to support these as I used to. I might put together a simpler open source version later if people want to tinker.
For now I'm slowly working on a replacement to move from the bluetooth modules to wifi with a web interface. This will allow the existing ones to be used on more devices and no app necessary. Will update with more details when it's done.
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
I would definitely be after a ls coil driver if you remade
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
I don't know if it's possible but one feature that would be nice is to run as a standalone ignition module so the DFI can be done away with entirely.
That is what appealed to me with the original VL400 programmable module, one of the reasons being that most replacement DFI modules are garbage these days, especially the Delphi units, we personally had multiple new ones die in a few weeks to months after the OG AC Delco one lasting nearly 30 years. You can still get the genuine new AC ones that are Mexican from the USA, but they cost around that 200-400 AUD mark and they'll stop making them eventually too.
Getting good used DFIs are getting thin on the ground and I feel like something as useful and feature packed as this LS coil driver would benefit having standalone ability. I know it's a ton of work and might not be possible, but I can only make the suggestion.
That is what appealed to me with the original VL400 programmable module, one of the reasons being that most replacement DFI modules are garbage these days, especially the Delphi units, we personally had multiple new ones die in a few weeks to months after the OG AC Delco one lasting nearly 30 years. You can still get the genuine new AC ones that are Mexican from the USA, but they cost around that 200-400 AUD mark and they'll stop making them eventually too.
Getting good used DFIs are getting thin on the ground and I feel like something as useful and feature packed as this LS coil driver would benefit having standalone ability. I know it's a ton of work and might not be possible, but I can only make the suggestion.
-
SilentBob
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am
- cars: VY
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
Have thought about doing a ignition controller, but at that point it's getting closer to being a standalone ecu. Could just use something like rusefi or speeduino as an ignition only controller. I started to design for this but realised I may as well do a whole ecu. Haven't bothered yet though because theres the problem of auto control to get around.vlad01 wrote: Thu Aug 28, 2025 11:48 am I don't know if it's possible but one feature that would be nice is to run as a standalone ignition module so the DFI can be done away with entirely.
That is what appealed to me with the original VL400 programmable module, one of the reasons being that most replacement DFI modules are garbage these days, especially the Delphi units, we personally had multiple new ones die in a few weeks to months after the OG AC Delco one lasting nearly 30 years. You can still get the genuine new AC ones that are Mexican from the USA, but they cost around that 200-400 AUD mark and they'll stop making them eventually too.
Getting good used DFIs are getting thin on the ground and I feel like something as useful and feature packed as this LS coil driver would benefit having standalone ability. I know it's a ton of work and might not be possible, but I can only make the suggestion.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Ecotec LS Coil Driver
The vl400 one still used the dfi for the 3 ignition outputs
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem