He is eluding once the intake valve has started closing, then next tdc is compression stroke.
253 V8 carby selection
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Gampy right as usual and drives on the right while left , bwahahahahaha, anyhoosit assuming this is a clockwise engine, maybe not but they all have to work the same like all efi has to end up doing the same things, some better than others, bleh.
He is eluding once the intake valve has started closing, then next tdc is compression stroke.
He is eluding once the intake valve has started closing, then next tdc is compression stroke.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I have a camera that will fit in the spark plug holeGampy wrote:Yes sir ... Or use a cheap endoscope in today's world!
NO BUMP with starter either!
Rotate by hand only.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
NO BUMP with starter either!
OPP's did that when I imagined it was 180 out 
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Will do in the morning my misses has cracked the sh!ts'quipt4it wrote:Can you post a pic of the distributor with cap off lined up with TDC (on the firing stroke).
Also point out no.1 terminal post location in the img.
Cheers.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Video's it's the timing isn't it
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSwqKr7YeA[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmgxcmJEWB4[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSwqKr7YeA[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmgxcmJEWB4[/youtube]
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Will take some pictures in the morning'quipt4it wrote:That was painful to watch.
I knew I should have told you to use the 'both valves closed' method. I thought I would save you time and a rocker cover gasket. When it backfires like that, quit trying to start.
As mentioned in my previous post, put up the distributor pic showing no.1 terminal @ TDC, compression stroke.
"When it backfires like that, quit trying to start." note taken
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
NO NO!Madmatt2006 wrote:I have a camera that will fit in the spark plug hole
Do not stick anything hard in a spark plug hole except a piston stop, while rotating the motor!
NEVER!
Always pull the camera, rotate a little, then re-insert ...
If possible look through a breather hole or the like in the valve cover.
Amen!'quipt4it wrote:That was painful to watch.
Shortcuts take longer, cost more ...'quipt4it wrote:I knew I should have told you to use the 'both valves closed' method. I thought I would save you time and a rocker cover gasket.
Amen!'quipt4it wrote:When it backfires like that, quit trying to start.
First pop stop ...
What type of assy. lube was used on that cam and how long ago ??
[edit]
If you're still awake, pull the plugs, let cylinders, plugs dry out over night ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Are you implying an endoscope will not ascertain this ??'quipt4it wrote:For this purpose we are only ascertaining TDC on the proper cycle of the engine.
Neither of those methods are applicable or required.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!