I had more timing from 400 rpm onward. not that I ever drive WOT at 400 rpm
Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
yeah there was quite a lot more timing at low rpm almost double what was there.
I had more timing from 400 rpm onward. not that I ever drive WOT at 400 rpm
I had more timing from 400 rpm onward. not that I ever drive WOT at 400 rpm
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Though I'd better add how happy you looked (having the flu and all...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Good stuff 
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Bit of an update.
started work a while back on the old clapped out vacationer to give it a bit of a birthday for the coming up 10 years of owning it. it deserves it well and truly for all the shit its been through
old bomb!
1st bits are ready at the paint shop. These were leftovers from the 1st VP exec project, good used and prep'd panels and NOS bonnet etc...
So far the bonnet, LHS front panel, both bumpers and driver door are done.
next on the list is a driver front panel and the already prep'd left over boot from the old project.
I have a roof lining being done, as well as all the seat covers, also modifying a tru-fit carpet at a trimmer in bendigo.
console done to vacationer specs.
Various things I did on the way.
A/C going back in.
virtually nothing left of my battery tray as the battery is half hanging though due to rust. So I cut one out of a vacationer wagon I bought for bits, then had it locally fabricated on the bits that were butchered by a repair shop at some stage, sandblasted and primed!
modified a NOS VQ bonnet to be a VP one.
how my donor rear bumper started out.
progress
I spent over a month! building one dash out of 3. Cutting, splicing, plastic welding, blending and die grinding, gluing and finally dying it to match the color for trim 231 as close as I could.
then restoring a set of speakers for it.
Fuck me! never again. This will be the car's 3rd dash, they just fall apart being this old and the last one I did the same, built one out of 2 as they are all broken.
started work a while back on the old clapped out vacationer to give it a bit of a birthday for the coming up 10 years of owning it. it deserves it well and truly for all the shit its been through
old bomb!
1st bits are ready at the paint shop. These were leftovers from the 1st VP exec project, good used and prep'd panels and NOS bonnet etc...
So far the bonnet, LHS front panel, both bumpers and driver door are done.
next on the list is a driver front panel and the already prep'd left over boot from the old project.
I have a roof lining being done, as well as all the seat covers, also modifying a tru-fit carpet at a trimmer in bendigo.
console done to vacationer specs.
Various things I did on the way.
A/C going back in.
virtually nothing left of my battery tray as the battery is half hanging though due to rust. So I cut one out of a vacationer wagon I bought for bits, then had it locally fabricated on the bits that were butchered by a repair shop at some stage, sandblasted and primed!
modified a NOS VQ bonnet to be a VP one.
how my donor rear bumper started out.
progress
I spent over a month! building one dash out of 3. Cutting, splicing, plastic welding, blending and die grinding, gluing and finally dying it to match the color for trim 231 as close as I could.
then restoring a set of speakers for it.
Fuck me! never again. This will be the car's 3rd dash, they just fall apart being this old and the last one I did the same, built one out of 2 as they are all broken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
I plan to build my very own engine this year. Just a mild one but I am looking at buying a simulation program that Biggvl recommended and had used to make his monster 260rwKw NA ecotec that its power range is under 6k rpm. Do want!
I had looked at peoples thoughts on the program desktop dyno5 and dyno sim 5 and all have been great feedback on real life accuracy and ease of use so sounds like it will be a useful tool for me to design an engine for my needs as well as extracting the most from a stockish build with the right combo of parts, so I can it well in the ballpark without spending money on parts or wasting time testing stuff.
So this will be a lots of fun I reckon while still being a budget build.
I had looked at peoples thoughts on the program desktop dyno5 and dyno sim 5 and all have been great feedback on real life accuracy and ease of use so sounds like it will be a useful tool for me to design an engine for my needs as well as extracting the most from a stockish build with the right combo of parts, so I can it well in the ballpark without spending money on parts or wasting time testing stuff.
So this will be a lots of fun I reckon while still being a budget build.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vlad's rides thread
i think you mean 265rwhp 190 odd rwkw
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
delcowizzid wrote:i think you mean 265rwhp 190 odd rwkw
nah its actually kw. ask biggvl.
yeah I couldn't believe it myself, but he is dead sure on it and wants to bring that car in on the dyno to show me sometime soonish.
its only 380-400 odd hp at the crank. which is a tad over 100hp/L which is the accepted rule of thumb for properly developed NA engine.
some real special work went into the heads and manifold, custom cam obviously to match the heads and intake, custom headers etc...
I always wondered why no one could seem to get the power they are suppose to make out of a NA. problem is no proper R&D for these engines, small variety of limited off the self parts.
none one has developed a cam and head package together for them except one placed in the US I know of. Head and cam go hand in hand and depend on each other, which they as a pair depend on CR, exhaust and intake and so forth.
I believe everything on the market NA for the v6 is grossly misconfigured.
There are few exception to the rule, few builders have managed to get great drivable power from them. couple mobs in the states made big numbers from stock heads and and even more with head work lol. about 280-300 rwhp seems the norm with stock ports, valves and intake, smallish custom cam and high CR.
the mob in QLD regularly make NA over 220rwKw (290 odd) rwHp with use of off the shelf exhaust as they dont install the engines, customers do.
I honestly can't see why not if every aspect of the total package is modeled and designed to compliment itself to absolute optimum.
My goal is to first model a stock engine with my mods as per the VR, see how close to my actual dyno runs it gets to see if I modeled it correctly and then go from there as the base engine.
my goal is to make a cam for it that takes advantage of the off the shelf spots exhaust. extractors, stock intake, mildly posted heads and also play with CR in the mix. But I'll start on off the shelf bits.
so that would be pacemakers and 9.6:1 comp for VN/VP heads. (10:1 for VR) then design a cam to suit that, throw in porting and play some more. blah blah.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vlad's rides thread
i know of 2 aussies at the 265rwhp level and formula holden got around the 300-350rwhp levels but they idle at 2400rpm and rev as far as holden ecu's would let them well above 6000rpm ide hate to try drive one on the street LOL one of the guys with the 265hp ones his wife drives it to work LOL.they have all out head porting one even had ex formula holden heads and block with bigger cam tunnel to fit the cam in with big lift.full ported cast ecotec heads flow 350ish hp if you go hard out but tend to start failing.rev231 on street commodores went 290hp was enough for low 13's on the 1/4 lot of money involved to only do 13's LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vlad's rides thread
i have dynosim with protools its ok really need pipemax header software too .engine analyzer plus was also good it has more inputs than dynosim which just has headers and inlet manifolds selected by type not actual sizes and lengths you choose full race steped tube header it assumes the best possible header design built to suit the combo doesnt use any user inputted values so its really only head cam and engine arcitecture planner
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem