Striped down vx tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
pas94
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

Yeah I don't have a bench setup or a car. so if it's AA it'll work? is it the check sum or the id that needs to be set to AA?
Another unknow I came across when reading is the bcm I assume it'll run without the BCM is this the case?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by Dylan »

With the VATS disabled yes. Use the enhanced bin's as said it makes it so much easier for editing and reliable flashing.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by kojab »

Txt file attached is difference between the Stock Bin and the modified. You may notice that the AA at 4008 is in the factory bin as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pas94
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

So your saying the factory bin had check sum disabled?
The enhanced bins don't have AA. This is at the Id for the xdf not the check sum we are talking about is that right?
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by kojab »

No I am not saying the DSZT factory bin has check sum disabled but the ID is AA. From memory I think this is the only factory bin that I have ever come across that AA is the ID. It is strange and not expected.

The KSUM B6 C0 is correct for the modified bin. I can calculate the check sum if the Vats is turned off.

The modified bin you have posted is missing the security data at the top so be very careful that you don't flash it without the correct security data as you could brick the PCM.
pas94
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

That bin is exactly as I pulled it off the chip from a running car is the security data in another chip or calculated some how when you down load it? It'd be great if you could tell me the check sum with vats turned off for that bin just incase AA doesn't stop it working wouldn't hurt to have it set right
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by antus »

The eeprom AFAIK is embedded hardware in the main cpu, and mapped over the top of the flash chip in hardware for 0x200 bytes starting at 0xE00
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
pas94
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

Is there anything I need in the other eeprom?
pas94
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by pas94 »

With the enhanced bins what happens with the fuel and ignition maps are they all in there already? They will be different to the ones on my chip torque flash?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Striped down vx tune

Post by Dylan »

Enhanced BIN's are based off factory BIN's (latest revision for that model) and then extra code added for features and some tables extended. You get a quality and reliable matching XDF and ADX for that model. That's all I use for the models it covers. I've flashed them a few times now for VT's and VY's.
The a sub forum in the custom code section well worth a read.