Seed key brute force program.
-
selqs
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:26 am
- cars: chevy
Re: Seed key brute force program.
I tried the compilation program both from GitHub and here, and there’s no difference in either. My firewalls are off, and the antivirus program is disabled.
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: Seed key brute force program.
Your firmware might not be compatible with driver package you have installed, or it can be corrupted. You need to try firmware update or recovery of the mdi, There is some tutorials on google.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Seed key brute force program.
Not sure what the other J2534 device is you have listed, don't know if that's screwing things up.
I just ran thru the github version and the version here without any issues with mdi and mdi2 here on my bench.
Updated it with a newer dll and a few other small changes, don't think it'll make a difference though.
Updated version is on the first page and below. By the way.. I will edit the main page later but this is written to work with GM ecm's that communicate on pins 6 & 14 using high speed CAN AND use a 2 byte seed and key..
Will not work on older pin 2 VPW or newer 5 byte ecm's.
I just ran thru the github version and the version here without any issues with mdi and mdi2 here on my bench.
Updated it with a newer dll and a few other small changes, don't think it'll make a difference though.
Updated version is on the first page and below. By the way.. I will edit the main page later but this is written to work with GM ecm's that communicate on pins 6 & 14 using high speed CAN AND use a 2 byte seed and key..
Will not work on older pin 2 VPW or newer 5 byte ecm's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Seed key brute force program.
Brute forcing a 5byte ECM.... Now, that may take a while
FFFFFFFFFF combinations... at 10seconds a pop... thats 348,652 years (Yes... years...)
FFFFFFFFFF combinations... at 10seconds a pop... thats 348,652 years (Yes... years...)
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
selqs
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:26 am
- cars: chevy
Re: Seed key brute force program.
https://prnt.sc/aYoHmbh6b4tX
https://prnt.sc/yltYHjrYloyx
Hello, I tried your new version, and this time, without even trying to connect or performing a VIN check, I get an error as shown in the screenshot. Is there anything current that you need from me? I want to help. Could it be the program's DLL files or something similar? Or where can I find the older MDI DLL version to install and try its drivers?
https://prnt.sc/yltYHjrYloyx
Hello, I tried your new version, and this time, without even trying to connect or performing a VIN check, I get an error as shown in the screenshot. Is there anything current that you need from me? I want to help. Could it be the program's DLL files or something similar? Or where can I find the older MDI DLL version to install and try its drivers?
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Seed key brute force program.
That looks like it is not connected correctly. I get that message if the ecm is not powered up, wired up correctly, etc.. Very odd since you say the same tool with the same wiring communicates with other software..selqs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 2:47 pm https://prnt.sc/aYoHmbh6b4tX
https://prnt.sc/yltYHjrYloyx
Hello, I tried your new version, and this time, without even trying to connect or performing a VIN check, I get an error as shown in the screenshot. Is there anything current that you need from me? I want to help. Could it be the program's DLL files or something similar? Or where can I find the older MDI DLL version to install and try its drivers?
Are you extracting the folder? or trying to run it from inside the zipped folder? Need to extract then open the folder and run the exe..
Last edited by ironduke on Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
selqs
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:26 am
- cars: chevy
Re: Seed key brute force program.
I can connect the same way via Tech2 on the bench, and everything is visible. What is the version of your MDI Manager?ironduke wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:03 pmThat looks like it is not connected correctly. I get that message if the ecm is not powered up, wired up correctly, etc.. Very odd since you say the same tool with the same wiring communicates with other software..selqs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 2:47 pm https://prnt.sc/aYoHmbh6b4tX
https://prnt.sc/yltYHjrYloyx
Hello, I tried your new version, and this time, without even trying to connect or performing a VIN check, I get an error as shown in the screenshot. Is there anything current that you need from me? I want to help. Could it be the program's DLL files or something similar? Or where can I find the older MDI DLL version to install and try its drivers?
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Seed key brute force program.
Via tech2? or tech2win with the mdi???selqs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:05 pmI can connect the same way via Tech2 on the bench, and everything is visible. What is the version of your MDI Manager?ironduke wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:03 pmThat looks like it is not connected correctly. I get that message if the ecm is not powered up, wired up correctly, etc.. Very odd since you say the same tool with the same wiring communicates with other software..selqs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 2:47 pm https://prnt.sc/aYoHmbh6b4tX
https://prnt.sc/yltYHjrYloyx
Hello, I tried your new version, and this time, without even trying to connect or performing a VIN check, I get an error as shown in the screenshot. Is there anything current that you need from me? I want to help. Could it be the program's DLL files or something similar? Or where can I find the older MDI DLL version to install and try its drivers?
As far as versions I am running the latest and greatest from gm/bosch
-
selqs
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:26 am
- cars: chevy
Re: Seed key brute force program.
I can connect to the ECU using Tech2Win and the same cable setup with my HP Tuners device for software access.ironduke wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:07 pmVia tech2? or tech2win with the mdi???selqs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:05 pmI can connect the same way via Tech2 on the bench, and everything is visible. What is the version of your MDI Manager?ironduke wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2024 3:03 pm
That looks like it is not connected correctly. I get that message if the ecm is not powered up, wired up correctly, etc.. Very odd since you say the same tool with the same wiring communicates with other software..
As far as versions I am running the latest and greatest from gm/bosch
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Seed key brute force program.
Real dumb question.. Do you have a genuine mdi 2 or a clone MDI 2?? If you open mdi manager is it showing up as a mdi1 or mdi 2?
Maybe try choosing mdi 1 in the menu and see what happens.. Really don't see why your having an issue.
Maybe try choosing mdi 1 in the menu and see what happens.. Really don't see why your having an issue.