Ahh I see, yea makes sense on the pin function conflict.
I've seen computers in the same family be very different, like an early vs later design, which it's the same core base design, but it was updated at some point.
I've mapped out the tach hardware on a couple different hwid's so far, the core design is basically the same across the board, but sometimes the resistor count is different and such. MPC-19D doesn't ring a bell, so I might not have that exact hwid on hand, but I am documenting the board id vs hwid/part number, so in time I should have a reasonable database to know what computer is it's closest relative purely based on board numbers.
Probably worth pointing out, of my understanding all EEC-V computers have a 8065 cpu in them which is what runs the code, so technically all bins run on the cpu, but the supporting hardware is where there's a lot of changes. If ford didn't make those changes and made one computer standardized across say all v6/v8's, then it would have been a lot easier to work things out (probably their intention, make it hard for the competition/hackers).
If you can shoot pics of the board markings and part numbers, I can add them to my database.
The way I view these computers is basically as an arduin + different shields per hwid, just it's a 8065 and the hw is directly on the board. Technically speaking, an arduino could replace the cpu in an EEC-V, everything on the mbus would need to be replaced, or make the arduino able to communicate on the mbus (easier to get rid of it and use modern tech), but then you wouldn't have Ford software running on the computer anymore, and technically anything you load wouldn't be emissions approved of my understanding for road vehicles.
I have a possible concept in mind that I can't really share yet, but if I get the time to build it, new replacement EEC-IV and possibly EEC-V computers might be a thing, would have to load ford's software on them to make them function as the actual code is copyrighted though. The project has it's own R&D benefits for me too, but not sure how far I'll get on that project/idea, probably a several year long project to take on lol. I get a lot of ideas that I don't get time for, so no clue if anything will come from it for sure.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
-
DWS
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
- cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
- Location: USA
Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
- Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
- Bank Swapping
- View VIN and other info about the bin file
-
SubnetMask
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm
- cars: 95 Cougar
04 Silverado
19 CT6
Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
I'm assuming you've seen the MPC-15B's and have their board IDs? If not, I have some images of one, and can more easily get more since they're on a shelf. The MPC-19D, I'll pull and take some pictures when I get a chance.
-
DWS
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
- cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
- Location: USA
Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
I got ~500 EEC-V's that came in, so might have some, but not really sure. I started on EEC-IV computers first as there seems to be almost zero info about them combined together, less chips and a bit easier layout/design, so getting a base line design for the database on those. I have found these early computers are a bit strange, one part number I've found 3 different board id's even though they are effectively exactly the same. Might just be effectively 3 different batches for the same computer or something though.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
- Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
- Bank Swapping
- View VIN and other info about the bin file