PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by CDNL »

I loaded the file into UP beta, and it loaded ok. I then loaded 9365085 and 9365095 into different insistences of UP and compared them side by side. The drop down menus were the same, I compared the ve and advance tables and they looked good the data in the tables was different , as expected, since 9365085 was for a 5.7 L engine and 936595 was for a 5.0 L engine. Other data was also correctly displayed.
I then did a side by side comparison with an os 1626325 for a 5.0 L engine and the menus and data were identical. Both operating systems were from 98 5.0 L engines. The only difference is that one has an automatic and the other has a manual transmission.
I hope this helps
sparepartsblazer
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
Location: Missouri

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by sparepartsblazer »

The 9365095 is one OS I didnt have to work with. From what I have seen is each OS is by year. So any 99 OS,ETC, should all have the same tables.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by antus »

yeah 9365085 to 9365095 has OS changes with maybe 1k more code. The +6 byte offset is real, looks like trans stuff but its not defined. What OS did you need?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by CDNL »

I believe there is a glitch with the xml file for os 9365095. The rpo shows the trans as M30 which means that the truck came with a 4L60-E automatic transmission, which is what is in the truck, but Universal Patcher shows the trans as being a manual.
sparepartsblazer
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
Location: Missouri

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by sparepartsblazer »

Ill compare the 9365095 to my notes and see what I can find.
sparepartsblazer
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
Location: Missouri

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by sparepartsblazer »

Looks like the 9365095 trans type is a couple bytes off. Will have to dig a little deeper to find it
CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by CDNL »

one other piece of information, the truck is a 4x4
sparepartsblazer
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
Location: Missouri

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by sparepartsblazer »

Found it. The 9365095 trans type address is 000148EF. Six byte offset from the 9365085.
sparepartsblazer
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:18 am
Location: Missouri

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by sparepartsblazer »

CDNL wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2026 5:09 pm I loaded the file into UP beta, and it loaded ok. I then loaded 9365085 and 9365095 into different insistences of UP and compared them side by side. The drop down menus were the same, I compared the ve and advance tables and they looked good the data in the tables was different , as expected, since 9365085 was for a 5.7 L engine and 936595 was for a 5.0 L engine. Other data was also correctly displayed.
I then did a side by side comparison with an os 1626325 for a 5.0 L engine and the menus and data were identical. Both operating systems were from 98 5.0 L engines. The only difference is that one has an automatic and the other has a manual transmission.
I hope this helps
Thats not correct. I have the 9365085 for a 4.3,5.7,and a 7.4. The 9365095 I downloaded from this thread is a 5.7.
CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

Re: PCM Hammer 98/99 Black Box Support

Post by CDNL »

[
sparepartsblazer wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2026 4:59 am
CDNL wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2026 5:09 pm I loaded the file into UP beta, and it loaded ok. I then loaded 9365085 and 9365095 into different insistences of UP and compared them side by side. The drop down menus were the same, I compared the ve and advance tables and they looked good the data in the tables was different , as expected, since 9365085 was for a 5.7 L engine and 936595 was for a 5.0 L engine. Other data was also correctly displayed.
I then did a side by side comparison with an os 1626325 for a 5.0 L engine and the menus and data were identical. Both operating systems were from 98 5.0 L engines. The only difference is that one has an automatic and the other has a manual transmission.
I hope this helps
Thats not correct. I have the 9365085 for a 4.3,5.7,and a 7.4. The 9365095 I downloaded from this thread is a 5.7.
Hopefully, I can clear up the confusion.
I believe the 9365095 you are referring to is the 99burb bin that was posted by cmaje72 in this thread, which is from a 5.7. The 9365095 that I am referring to is one that I downloaded from my pcm, which came from a 98 gmc k1500 with a 4L60-E transmission. When I load this bin into Universal Patcher using the xml file that Antus provided, it shows the transmission type as manual, which is incorrect. Also, I checked the vin reported by the bin file and it is the save as that in the truck.
This is the bin file I was reffering to
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.