How to loose 200kgs?....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
I haven’t heard of HD68 being used, will look into it. I don’t think viscosity will matter too much, I wonder what the boiling point is compared with ATF?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Boiling point? if you are worried about that then you'll have other problems, like the car on fire lol
You want thin fluid, as the viscosity is is related to heat generation. thicker the oil, the more it resists flow and because hydraulic systems force the fluid regardless, the extra energy needed directly goes to generating heat in the fluid.
You want thin fluid, as the viscosity is is related to heat generation. thicker the oil, the more it resists flow and because hydraulic systems force the fluid regardless, the extra energy needed directly goes to generating heat in the fluid.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
my thoughts are the boiling point shouldn't be an issue .... isn't the system is not working properly to be getting that point in the first place?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Ignore the advertising hype.
http://www.hfifluidpowerproducts.com/pa ... fluid.html
http://www.hfifluidpowerproducts.com/pa ... fluid.html
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Thanks for posting
that clarifies heaps. Looks to me that the HD68 will be going in.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
oldn64
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 am
- cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina
- Location: Country Victoria on a direct road to WINTON
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
I use a elevtric pump in my race cars, I think from a barina. Pumps into the commodore rack and it has a constant flow/pressure rate regardless of engine revs, works really well, that and I hate engine fires.
cheers
oldn64
cheers
oldn64
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Been a long time since last update so I thought I should share these...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
This thing amazes me every time
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
need some videos of it screaming, its truly something else
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
yep definitely need vids!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread