VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

Speedo currently has 202,059 km
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

Back from holidays now, so will keep you posted on progress. Wide band o2 arrived so should have this installed over the weekend.

AEM wideband controller and sensor with 0-5v analogue output - $187 delivered from usa. I remember my mate telling me they were over $700 few years ago.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by Holden202T »

yeah wideband technology has improved heaps over the last few years and its most definately part of the "essentials" for tuning these days and pricing is way more competative with every man and his dog making controllers.
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

Took Y pipe off to weld in o2 fitting, clean, re-paint and heat wrap. Not the easiest job with car up on jack stands but got it all back together. Here is the Y pipe before installation & fully wrapped. Smoked out the shed for a good 10 minutes afterwards.
YPipe_wrapped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by vlad01 »

What ever happen to this thread? love to see some updates :)

Just wondering if I could get help with some detailed photos of the front panel pin stripes as I am going to get some reproduced.
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

Unfortunately the car has been sold as I moved to Perth, but on the up side I kept all the turbo parts.