vr v8 turbo base tune
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
Everything's brand new in it. I did try to creep up on the injector rate an made no difference. I got new leads still nothing. Ended up putting the old injectors back in and reset up a new tune that I knew would work and bam working nice again. The Wideband is still reading lean 20:1 so maybe the sensors stuffed.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
Sounds like it. Injectors could be smaller than claimed to. What injector rate did you finish up at?
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
Went up to around 0.050 but didn't like it. It runs more happy around 0.035 and 0.045. Starts up and sounds fine than after a couple seconds starts idling like it's got a huge cam. If I rev it or hold it at a certain rpm still sounds fine. It's just at idle. Just recalibrated the o2 sensor an it's working fine again. So might chuck the other tune in and larger injectors an see what happens this time.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
Ok finally I'm starting to get some where with the Fucken thing. I'll post up the bin and log I just done then. I was playing around with the main ve and idle ve tables and throttle stop screw in the log aswell as the injector rate but all in all much better now that I can see what afr's I'm getting. Now the only time it's running rough is if I give it a rev, once the idles drop back down it's rough for a little bit than comes good again. When it's doing it it's running lean than stabilising back to around 13:1 14:1
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
With the big injectors? What rate they at now? Lean on throttle opening needs more acceleration enrichment
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
yeah this bin and log is with the big injectors
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
vr v8 turbo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
try this should stop nthe surge at idle and has a coiple of tweaks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
Sweet cheers mate. I'll give it a go tonight after work an let ya know I go.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: vr v8 turbo base tune
there has to be some thing wrong some where with the car. started it up was running like shit again. than uploaded the new bin no change
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.