Can you do a get cal with the flashtool from the memcal?
The bin you posted above is 128kb, so two banks of 11p with differences between tunes on each bank. Wondering if the memcal has the wrong/other/different bank of the nvram written.
Car won't start
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: Car won't start
Oh that's a good point. I didn't even consider that. Can't do a get cal till tomorrow but would it be worth unstacking, save the tune I want and re stacking that tune? Or is it not that simple?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Car won't start
You don't want it stacked when burning to a Vr auto memcal
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Car won't start
best bet if you want to put it onto a normal memcal is to do a get bin from the nvram after you've finished tuning.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: Car won't start
Ok so let's clear some stuff up.
For vr auto I don't stack the bin when loading it onto the memcal?
To transfer tune from nvram to memcal I:
1. complete the tune on my pcm fitted with the nvram
2. While still connected to the vehicle I extract the tune using the flash tool?
3. I then save that file and that's the file I burn to the memcal?
For vr auto I don't stack the bin when loading it onto the memcal?
To transfer tune from nvram to memcal I:
1. complete the tune on my pcm fitted with the nvram
2. While still connected to the vehicle I extract the tune using the flash tool?
3. I then save that file and that's the file I burn to the memcal?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Car won't start
Correct, with flash tool do a "Get BIN" not get cal.
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: Car won't start
Awesome. Thanks mate.
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: Car won't start
Can anyone confirm if this is a 808? It has no obvious makings or stickers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Car won't start
Looks to be
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: Car won't start
Eeeeeexcellent, looks like I'll be buying a Comms port then.
Next project
Next project
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.