Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

delcowizzid wrote:gah version 02 gets pinged by avg can ignore it but cant run program
*sigh*.... I dont understand why! WTF.

Iv tested with no protection applied and it gets pinged as "trojan" as reported by some idiot/s.. and now seems that all the AV's places share a central hub of some sort and now they all think it is one!.
Iv tried to "beat" the AV by compressing the application, which seems to work for a couple days but its back again. Still waiting on responses from the major AV places to update their bloody virus definitions and stop flagging it as bad.

*Edit
Am attempting one last version to eliminate this lame AV false positives since norton decided to just silently remove the program without any notification... good one guys...
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Charlescrown »

Gday Tazzi. I loaded the software and key all OK. Looked at the program and no problems then I turned my lappy off and back on and when I try to load the program it say start-up processing error has occurred contact support. Hope this helps resolve a bug.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Charlescrown wrote:Gday Tazzi. I loaded the software and key all OK. Looked at the program and no problems then I turned my lappy off and back on and when I try to load the program it say start-up processing error has occurred contact support. Hope this helps resolve a bug.
Looking into it now mate.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Charlescrown wrote:Gday Tazzi. I loaded the software and key all OK. Looked at the program and no problems then I turned my lappy off and back on and when I try to load the program it say start-up processing error has occurred contact support. Hope this helps resolve a bug.
By any chance, you dont have multiple users on that laptop and attempted to run it from another user?

*Edit
Could be antivirus deleting the license file.. hmm
Or.. your hardware identification numbers change after reboot.. which is unheard of haha.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

With the error that comes up is the device still enabled that was what unlocked the program?
I unlocked mine via the ethernet & then disabled it in properties after it connected to the internet, but then it won't allow the program to run with ethernet cable disabled in properties but no big deal I just try not let anything run in the background when on the tuning laptop!

With the AVG problem although it is a pain that some IDIOTS flagged it years ago, can't users just allow that program to run without testing in the AVG settings?

AWESOME work Tazzi
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:With the error that comes up is the device still enabled that was what unlocked the program?
I unlocked mine via the ethernet & then disabled it in properties after it connected to the internet, but then it won't allow the program to run with ethernet cable disabled in properties but no big deal I just try not let anything run in the background when on the tuning laptop!

With the AVG problem although it is a pain that some IDIOTS flagged it years ago, can't users just allow that program to run without testing in the AVG settings?

AWESOME work Tazzi
Nah, it was flagged a couple weeks ago apparently.
Due to the errors caused by avoid the AV readings, will be bringing it down till I get the next version out for testing. :thumbdown:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

WHO THE HELL HAD THEIR HANDS ON IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO??? Why you little %&^$
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Iv completely remodelled the entire startup procedure. It is no longer identified as a problem by all AV again. If it does.. well I think Im just going to make instructions on how to "ignore" any problems on the major AV systems.

Soooo.. heres round 3!
Anyone thats using the old version, time to update again... will more then likely be a regularly thing! Anyone thats applied a license before *should* still work. I testing all all the laptops here and still works fine. Also, Microsoft framework 4.0 must be installed.. I will update this post with a version at 2.0, and see if that helps anyone out.

Changelog
-Removed protection, remodelled startup to clear false antivirus readings.
-Added more error handling support for those with weird errors at the beginning.. hopefully removing protection fixes the issue!
-Removing protection fixed up all the gauges.. they went clunky, looked funny ect.
-Hopefully alot of other things have been fixed!
testworking.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tazzi on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:WHO THE HELL HAD THEIR HANDS ON IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO??? Why you little %&^$
Not this exact version, but one of those extremely earlier versions at the beginning I suspect, or the last possible version I released. Since my "signature" of my programming doesnt change, just link your fingerprint never changes hence even after all this work and changes, AV still recognise my signature in this application thus flag it as bad. Sooo.. Iv done the coding version of burning off your fingerprint :lol:

Norton got back to me, sent them details of the project and said they will add it to the next definitions update. But Iv changed it all up now.. so that my "signiture" is different enough that it no longer thinks it is the same application

Charlescrown wrote:Gday Tazzi. I loaded the software and key all OK. Looked at the program and no problems then I turned my lappy off and back on and when I try to load the program it say start-up processing error has occurred contact support. Hope this helps resolve a bug.
PM sent mate! Hopefully sorted now! If not, let me know!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
Chuff
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Chuff »

Minor issue.

Notice that your version number on the About tab isn't incrementing or in line with the file name.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs