That's light weight.
Is it a lithium ion battery?
265 Hemi to efi
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Says LiFePo4
This is not the model I got but same brand
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lithiumax-B ... 2336087705
This is not the model I got but same brand
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lithiumax-B ... 2336087705
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
ah ok. that should be alright. As far as I know the lithium iron phosphate type aren't so volatile as the regular lithium ion are.
I'd be worried running Li ion in a car is case it decides to go full thermite.
I'd be worried running Li ion in a car is case it decides to go full thermite.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Yeah don’t want that happening 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_i ... ery#Safety
Yep its much safer. Also above advantages mentioned make it a good lead acid replacement for cars.
Yep its much safer. Also above advantages mentioned make it a good lead acid replacement for cars.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
It will offset some of the extra weight from the turbo setup.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Looks like it would be a good option for the VP to be track car. So far I have dropped 8Kg with AC system removal, next is the 20~kg from the tow bar, then another 35-40kg from the sound deadening. Another 7kg from the battery would be good.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
It all adds up. There is lots of scope to further reduce weight in the Dodge/Valiants , a lot of the brackets are way heavier than required. Also seats are heavy.
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
the only real concern with a lithium battery i have is with stability of the charging system they don't tend to be as good when fully charged at taking excess current from the alternator when a load switches off like cooling fans witch may make a spike occur. that said they do offer some awesome numbers when you look at the size weight and output figures.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
It’s alive, I drove it from the exhaust fitters to the mechanic and it was hard not to give it a hammering but I was watching the AF gauge and it was leaning out under acceleration so backed off. I love the exhaust note with the 3” system. Not as loud as I was expecting which is good but still a gutsy note. Once I replace the injectors and the tune is updated I will post a YouTube lip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.