FRAM NVRAM Board

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by vs ss »

This might sound stupid,but if your going through the process of making manifolds etc why not run multi point ?? The only time I stuffed around with tbi was on a Siamese port engine.
BennVenn
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
Location: Windellama, NSW

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by BennVenn »

1457418612093-320003860.jpg
I like to fully explore my options.

Does anyone recognize these? Im looking for a high impedance set of them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by vlad01 »

They look like ones from early Bosch L jetronic system, vanagon maybe? They are very shit and I would use a modern ev6 design like from vt commodore.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by antus »

That style of long nose low impedance is used a lot on Japanese applications too, eg 280zx. Unfortunately still low impedance. There are high impedance injectors with the same nose on the CA18 and RB20, but they are not known for being good.

Search denso high impedance and see what you can find. Its a pitty the denso opening times arnt well published or generally mapped as well as GM.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by festy »

Yeah I've got a few L-Jet sets that look identical. The retaining bracket should be held on by a circlip?
You should be able to transfer the brackets to Bosch high impedance injectors, and fit o-ring to hose tail adapters to use them with your current manifold and fuel rail.
I think I remember finding *one* high impedance hose tail injector, might have been a Motronic Mercedes?
BennVenn
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
Location: Windellama, NSW

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by BennVenn »

Well I timed the pulsar dizzy to 10deg BTDC with the 4pin plug removed, locked it in. Plugged the cable in and cranked it over.

It runs so rough, backfiring, afterfiring, the O2 meter is pegged at 22.4 occasionally spiking to 16ish when it misfires.

I tried winding in the regulator to boost the fuel pressure and hopefully boosting flow. Still didn't move from 22.4 AFR. Peaked the rail pressure out at around 10Bar as the internal relief in the bosch vented.

I unplugged the Map vacuum pipe and instantly went super rich, smoke, stumble, stall. This confirms at least the ECU is running and that the tune is very much out. Also confirms the fuel system is OK, injector etc...

Timing responds well to both RPM and MAP so again, confirms the ECU is running and isn't in limp mode.

The tune in there is stock AHLU, 1600 TBI Manual. I would have thought it would at least get within a few AFR points...

There is one unknown, I *think* this particular Throttle Body (and injector, TPS etc...) is from a mazda 121. The 1.5L TBI model. This is all I can put it down to. Different injector + dead times? I'll try get off work early tomorrow and pick up the injector from the Pulsar I pulled the ECU from. I would really like a known good system before I migrate to 12P and start digging around in it. Once I have the VE accurate I'll switch to multi point and hopefully only have to tweak a few injector values

I don't have a MAT sensor yet, but this Binary doesn't need it. Also don't have a narrowband installed, wire is floating but that shouldn't make any difference in open loop warm up mode?

Coolant temp sensor was resting on the cylinder head. I tried placing it in the exhaust flow to get it very hot but made no difference.

I might put in 12P now to verify all the sensors are reading correct. And by all sensors I guess that just means TPS + coolant temp.

While at the yard I'll take a look for suitable injectors for my manifolds. If only pulling a fuel rail off a car was quicker... Does anyone have a pic of Pulsar Injectors? How far off are they? I could turn down a set of adapters on the lathe as long as the pintle will sit in roughly the same place.
BennVenn
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
Location: Windellama, NSW

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by BennVenn »

Ahh crap! Just realised I have the MAP sensor hooked up to the wrong port! It's on the vac advance signal port, not the manifold pressure port.

If it is running too rich, and doesn't fire, will that show a lean condition as there is zero combustion? I've probably just fouled a set of plugs :-(
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by Gareth »

Wow mate, you've achieved more in a few days than what i have done in years, am following all your posts with great interest :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by HQ355 »

Talk about jumping in the deep end and doing a medley for the gold !
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: FRAM NVRAM Board

Post by antus »

Yes if it doesnt fire it will read lean. But there wont be any confusion about it not fireing.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396