When you upload first part[with read add on-the small upload2]. It takes control and run from ram for I can`t remember for how long, It also takes control of bus sending 3f every 2 seconds. When you upload more code and flash routine is still running you can read any memory location with mode 35
6c 10 f0 35 00 [yy yy] [xx xx xx]
yyyy= size
xxxxxx=address
Chipid is located at ffa18c and ffa18e , the code is uploaded at ffa000
Some example add
delay:1500
6c 10 f0 35 00 00 04 ff a1 8c:2:100
to chip id script.
While flash routine is alive you can also upload any code at any place and execute it. Using mode 36 00 and mode 36 80
You can upload the even the flash loader again at different place and run it again.
P04 R&W Testing
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
I'll check this out a bit later, struggling ATM.
Thank you!
-Enjoy
Thank you!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Gathered a script to ease things, It will print chip ID on all p04 that use 0e algo, For testing with older p03 96-97 change algo in script to 06.
Also added a warning before the script runs.
Maybe we need to add a popup with data got from script. Will think about it.
Next will be to make the script more interactive, user defined input and report output.
Also added a warning before the script runs.
Maybe we need to add a popup with data got from script. Will think about it.
Next will be to make the script more interactive, user defined input and report output.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
I rolled out of my chair when I saw the popup message!!!

I'm getting,
I'm getting,
Shouldn't it be,22 AB 00 01
-Enjoy00 01 22 AB
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: P04 R&W Testing
I guess they are saved in reverse order, chip ID have 2 identifiers or 2 words, I put the most important first.
22ab=AMD?
22ab=AMD?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: P04 R&W Testing
For the manufacturer field, 0001 is AMD, 0089 is Intel.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
22 = Chip ID
AB = Boot code sector architecture. (Boot Block (23 = Top, AB = Bottom))
0122AB = AMD 512k AM29F400BB Bottom Boot Block
Red is the product number boot code sector architecture. (T=Top, B=Bottom)
-Enjoy
AB = Boot code sector architecture. (Boot Block (23 = Top, AB = Bottom))
0122AB = AMD 512k AM29F400BB Bottom Boot Block
Red is the product number boot code sector architecture. (T=Top, B=Bottom)
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
FYI, I think the PCM in this post is called a 32U.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8201&start=30#p121946
The bottom of the 2nd page of this PDF mentions 96-97 as 32U and 98-03 as P04. The document is from 2003, so that's why 2004 and 2005 aren't included.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2002/I ... -15709.pdf
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8201&start=30#p121946
The bottom of the 2nd page of this PDF mentions 96-97 as 32U and 98-03 as P04. The document is from 2003, so that's why 2004 and 2005 aren't included.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2002/I ... -15709.pdf
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Thank you!
BTW, That puppy is one heavy sob ... It's ~2.6lbs heavier than a P01/P04.
I have not pulled it apart yet, I will and image it later, probably tomorrow.
-Enjoy
BTW, That puppy is one heavy sob ... It's ~2.6lbs heavier than a P01/P04.
I have not pulled it apart yet, I will and image it later, probably tomorrow.
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: P04 R&W Testing
I dont thats the 32U because its different to the 32U variant as used on Isuzu in the P01 style case. I was looking at them recently as I think they might have been used locally and I noticed it says PCM32U on the sticker. Unless PCM32U refers to the Motorola CPU32 platform and is a wider group and this is specifically an I41 pcm as in the case on the front (I for Isuzu?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396