Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by jenko »

will the horses still eat the molasses after removing the paint
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

lol!

looks good! I've heard of molasses mixes for rejuvenating engine blocks, but you need to have a big enough drum to fit them in and a means to get them in and out easily!

might be better thing to do in the middle of summer ?? :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I wouldn't use it on blocks, kinda damages cast iron, cast steel is ok but not iron. It dissolves the iron leaving behind the object as graphite.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I want this machine!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtq48VjrulE[/youtube]
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

lol don't we all ?? :D
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by TdracerTd »

Very, very cool. Amazing machine. We'll be sorry when it becomes self aware.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by v6bucket »

Holden202T wrote:lol!

looks good! I've heard of molasses mixes for rejuvenating engine blocks, but you need to have a big enough drum to fit them in and a means to get them in and out easily!

might be better thing to do in the middle of summer ?? :)
It works well if you have a bit of time up your sleeve, a friend restores old tractors. He drops the parts in, leaves them for a couple of weeks, pulls them out then drops them in a caustic bath, to neutralize then rinse off with the pressure cleaner & the parts are like new cast iron. Works a lot quicker if the temp is high, but doesn't smell very pleasant, might annoy the neighbors or worst still, the missus.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by festy »

I use electrolysis for rust removal, no issues disposing of the liquid afterwards seeing as it's just rusty water with a little washing soda.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I've used that method too, but didn't work so well for me. Took too long and didn't clean everything up. Maybe my PSU wasn't beefy enough?