My Delcoed Rides

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

The point of the dyno time earlier in this thread was primarily to get the speedo calibrated so it is actually useful, and going off my kph in the logs v's my time slips its within 1-2kms of each other (and this may just be that I back off after the finish line etc too)

so anyways, with an accurate speedo you can use the VSS as a tailshaft rpm reading and along with gearbox gear ratios and such you can work out the slip in the converter for each gear! In the log below you can clearly see that my converter eventually gets to very minimal slip %, the issue is that its doing what its supposed to approx. 2000-2500rpm to late!

BUT this is all very useful data to give someone to adjust it correctly I am hoping!

Below we have the usual stuff in the top monitor, rpm, tps, map, kph and boost pressure etc, then in the bottom monitor we have engine rpm in red, then blue and black are 1st and 2nd tailshaft rpms, then aqua and orange are the slip percentage for each, and you can see where the marker is, that 6% slip at 6500rpm engine speed.... and the reason I use this spot is because dominator I've been told will guarantee 6% slip or less at stall speed ..... (yes I plan to get dominator to adjust this one day ;))
converter slip %.jpg
I had hoped to have this data a long time ago but such is life, and I dare say I wont be doing anymore 1/4 mile pass before I change it, but at least I can start heading in the right direction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by immortality »

This certainly takes the guess work out of building a converter when the shop can see the real world data.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

yeah hopefully it means the next change to the converter and its spot on!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by The1 »

nice work!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

so a while back I posted a pic of my new rims for the rear of the car and also said I had ordered slicks .... well I finally got the slicks yesti and got one wheel put on!! it looks so weird not having a chaser rim on the back but I'm sure i'll cope!
P1120472.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by delcowizzid »

shiney bits nice :D.when we went on the dyno last week our 3000rpm B&M nitrous holeshot would go as far as 4500rpm with the wheels turning under full load WOT stall speed is not relative once the wheels start turning.but its a big difference compared to the 3000rpm convertor without ballooning plates front and rear and the fins pointing the opposite way its made to not slip or cavitate but it did make trans temps skyrocket fast compared to the old convertor
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

mine goes to 6100rpm lol!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

Just ended a weekend racing in Gunnedah :)

So main changes from last time was 3.08 -> 3.45 diff change and new set of slicks, but same size as before, previous outing at Gunnedah saw best of 7.23 at 16-17psi boost.

oh and also alternator wiring fixed so not loosing volts....

the car ran faultlessly all weekend, and times improved to 7.0's all weekend aside from one run of 7.2 where I tapped the limiter! :oops:

so at Sydney when I ran my 10.54 I did a 1.59 60 foot and this was 21psi boost, and out at Gunnedah I managed to get a 1.59 60 foot which is great due to running less boost but also because traction out there is no where near Sydney!
So very happy that everything is moving in the right direction, and to top it all off I managed to snag first place trophy in group A so I was wrapped with the weekend to say the least :punk:

its interesting to note that I won both my semi-final and final by the competitor breaking out, and in the final he broke out by .01 !!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkVvPsQDPM[/youtube]
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by TdracerTd »

Well done Mate! Congratulations.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by VL400 »

Congrats on the win :punk: Few brews after that I bet.