265 Hemi to efi
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
yeah my brothers V6 Turbo is about 65% DC on Siemens 80lbs!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I have picked up some VT v6 injectors 280 155 777 and Looking at The1's listing they run at 3.5 bar, the stock VN injectors run at 3.0. Is this going to be a problem with the VN MEMCAL? I assume it could be adjusted in the tuning. Will it at least run at the very start or should have I got VN ones.
Also do I just need to ensure that the fuel pressure regulator is set at 3.5 bar. Sorry for the basic questions but I have only used mechanical pumps in the past. The fuel system I am using is a low pressure electric lift pump to a surge tank then a high pressure electric pump to the fuel rail. Cheers
Also do I just need to ensure that the fuel pressure regulator is set at 3.5 bar. Sorry for the basic questions but I have only used mechanical pumps in the past. The fuel system I am using is a low pressure electric lift pump to a surge tank then a high pressure electric pump to the fuel rail. Cheers
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
3 or 3.5 bar is much of a muchness with those type of injectors. the most important thing is consistency. it will have to be heavily tuned regardless of the final pressure. the higher pressure coudl be argued will give a slightly better spray pattern, but also will flow a little bit more. adjust it to 3.5 if you can, but if your reg is preset at 3 its not the end of the world!
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks Jayme, that's good to hear.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
The spartan 2 turned up today and the VZ V6 injectors which I will clean up and put a rebuild kit through. Now I just need to get my intake manifold sorted. I have a 2 piece 100 series Landcruiser 6 cyl efi inlet manifold and the top section which houses the throttle body and runners pretty much fits directly on top of the stock Hemi 6 manifold. The top will need to be cut out of the Hemi manifold and a plate welded in to mate up to the bottom of the toyota manifold. May be hard to visualise but I will post pics soon. I have measured up the height and it should just fit under the bonnet.
Has anyone had any experience with epoxying injector bosses? Any hints on doing this would be greatly appreciated, especially regarding how far the injectors should sit in the runners (if at all) cheers
Has anyone had any experience with epoxying injector bosses? Any hints on doing this would be greatly appreciated, especially regarding how far the injectors should sit in the runners (if at all) cheers
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I'm working on a conversion for an early headed Holden V8 using a Stripmaster manifold, made some custom bosses which are a slight interference fit with a step on top for a positive stop at a set height. Finished them up with epoxy as I don't have the gear to weld aluminium and I didn't want it warped, not to mention all the welded ones I've seen are quite ugly. I see no reason it won't work just fine, there is no way they're coming out now and its all sealed up tight, will probably paint the manifold.


I made the bosses too long and ground them off inside the manifold after port matching, they still protrude a little at the back but shouldn't impede flow too much. They're pretty close to being aimed at the inlet valve



I made the bosses too long and ground them off inside the manifold after port matching, they still protrude a little at the back but shouldn't impede flow too much. They're pretty close to being aimed at the inlet valve

-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Could also consider an interference fit - manifold in oven and bosses in freezer. Should get them pretty tight and seal them with loctite 290.heff0018 wrote:The spartan 2 turned up today and the VZ V6 injectors which I will clean up and put a rebuild kit through. Now I just need to get my intake manifold sorted. I have a 2 piece 100 series Landcruiser 6 cyl efi inlet manifold and the top section which houses the throttle body and runners pretty much fits directly on top of the stock Hemi 6 manifold. The top will need to be cut out of the Hemi manifold and a plate welded in to mate up to the bottom of the toyota manifold. May be hard to visualise but I will post pics soon. I have measured up the height and it should just fit under the bonnet.
Has anyone had any experience with epoxying injector bosses? Any hints on doing this would be greatly appreciated, especially regarding how far the injectors should sit in the runners (if at all) cheers
Simon
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks guys. Manifold looks great
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I'm hoping this will work with a plate welded into the stock manifold. I have got a fabrication place who are keen to give it a shot but they haven't seen it yet.
I have very roughly measured the height from the engine mounts to the bottom of the bonnet frame and then from the engine mounts to the top of the manifold and it is very close, could be 20 mm either way. I need to put the motor in to check properly and will do soon.

I have very roughly measured the height from the engine mounts to the bottom of the bonnet frame and then from the engine mounts to the top of the manifold and it is very close, could be 20 mm either way. I need to put the motor in to check properly and will do soon.

Last edited by heff0018 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.