Thanks matepsyolent wrote:man you have to have a level of commitment and clear head to rebuild an auto good work mate.
VP V6 Calais
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Transmission is in and it works
I took it for a test drive with a pressure gauge connected and the pressures are in spec, it shifts nice and firm through the gears I didn't drive for to long because my new temperature sender is faulty so have to wait for a new one to arrive.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
I noticed my strut mounts were starting to bulge out so I pulled them out and they are cracked, I'm not surprised they are nolathane after all 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VP V6 Calais
Yep, both on my old VH did the same thing.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V6 Calais
yep, nolathane for ya.
So shit you need to weld their bushes into the control arms
So shit you need to weld their bushes into the control arms
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Spent a couple of hours driving around today testing the transmission and it shifts perfectly, transmission temperature is running between 80 to 90 degrees with some hard pulls, damn I have missed driving this car 

-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Update
Got sick of smelling the oil fumes from the catch can so I did a plumb back setup using two catch cans, i no longer have the oil smell and it's not sucking oil into the intake
Boosting at 14psi for the time being but will turn it up more soon.
Currently sourcing exhaust parts at the moment I already have a 3 inch straight through muffler and hotdog, just got to work out how much pipe and what angle bends I still need to get.
Got sick of smelling the oil fumes from the catch can so I did a plumb back setup using two catch cans, i no longer have the oil smell and it's not sucking oil into the intake
Boosting at 14psi for the time being but will turn it up more soon.
Currently sourcing exhaust parts at the moment I already have a 3 inch straight through muffler and hotdog, just got to work out how much pipe and what angle bends I still need to get.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VP V6 Calais
Buy 2 ubends that will do the diff from in front of the diff back 3 should do the hole car or I buy 1 ubend for over the diff and then donuts for the rest are normally the most cost effective way to buy bends
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
The Calais is fitted with irs, got under the car today the exhaust has five 45° bends and about 1 metre of pipe so I will order it tomorrow.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V6 Calais
Looking forward to seeing the results.