Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Moey
cars: VE SV6

Re: Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Post by Moey »

Tazzi wrote:
Moey wrote:Having issues with a VE V6 - getting "engine misfire detected" error P0300-00. I got a mate to scan the error for me, I've had the coil changed and need to clear the code - does this software help clear it?
Gday Moey,

Generally speaking, the fault code will immediately disappear once it has been repaired. If I try and clear a fault that is "current", it will immediately return. But it will clear any old history fault codes happily as they are old faults.

But yes you can use SOE to read current and history fault codes. As well as attempt to clear fault codes just like a factory scantool does. :thumbup:
Thanks Tazzi, I had a mechanic replace the coil - but the error / engine shaking came back. speaking to the mechanic, I think he replaced the wrong coil (Cylinder 3). He said passenger side, I googled it and comes up as drivers side..
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Moey wrote: Thanks Tazzi, I had a mechanic replace the coil - but the error / engine shaking came back. speaking to the mechanic, I think he replaced the wrong coil (Cylinder 3). He said passenger side, I googled it and comes up as drivers side..
Let me check my fault code definitions...
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

To be exact.. this is the fault definition from the factory scantool:
P0300 = "RANDOM MISFIRE DETECTED"
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

If it was a coil it would have P0301 to P0306 which is the cylinder number in the last section (1, 3 & 5 on drivers bank & 2, 4 & 6 on passenger bank from memory).
mattyc

Post by mattyc »

Moey wrote:Having issues with a VE V6 - getting "engine misfire detected" error P0300-00. I got a mate to scan the error for me, I've had the coil changed and need to clear the code - does this software help clear it?
Moey, what year ve do you have? And when do the engine run rough? Shoot me a pm if you need any assistance, cheers matty
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Looks like the addon Im after is a good $300+, will add a good 6mb to the file size, and require hours or reprogramming sections to utilize the new gui. *sigh*.
Will be a great professional upgrade though but Just another thing to do on the ever growing to-do list!

Im also a bit stuck on how Im going to implement the save/load/play/pause/stop for engine data logging.
Because there is so much information being parsing through, Im unsure whether I should just make it all save to a "temp" file always, then if the user does want to save the information, it can further process this information and put it into a user define file.

This then brings me to the format of the logging file. Things to consider are:
-Time/delay between frames, so have to keep the received frame time
-DPIDs present
-PIDs being used in each DPID
-PIDs added/removed while logging
-Stopping and playing (should it clear on each new play?)

And finally, when a log is saved and then loaded, should all the gauges/textboxs ect be loaded up in the exact same location as when the save was made? Or should everything just be displayed in a textbox? Also if PID's are added or removed midway, should the gauge disappear, or just remain constant still?

Finally on the todo list, is to make the application "expandable", so everyone can utilize there entire screen while logging. My issue with this is my current gauges are set in stone in the "movability" in the current design, and even then, they are a little iffy when trying to move them because the size of the gauge, size of the form, location of the gauge and location of where the user clicks on the guage are all factors that need to be taken into consideration which I cant seem to get my head around!
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The backup plan has arrived also :D
This will be a drop-in board for the ELM to give gmlan access.
017.JPG
017.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 4204 times
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Drop in board worked!
Adding in support for reading fault codes in most VE modules including cluster, radio, bcm ect.

Note, these modified ELM's will only be able to communicate over GMLAN and not normal CAN. I will be adding in some sort of tester to identify if the modified elm is connected during setup. Since I imagine there is going to be some confusion!

Only had enough parts for the one board, but will get more soon.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Sweet!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The OBDLink MX WIFI routine is now down pack, absolutely no worries there!. Infact, I now prefer the methods I have on the WIFI over the serial port! :thumbup:
Will probably add in support for ELM327 WIFI modules.. will need to get my hands on one.

All major VPW and CAN11bit routines have now been implemented, so all engine data reading, fault code reading, ecu unlocking ect is now supported on the MX WIFI.
Logging has also been implemented where filters can also be set.

GMLAN is now a fully supported protocol for the MX wifi. It will be a selection under the vehicles "VE GMLAN" which will allow users to communicate to modules on gmlan including radio, SIC, radio, bcm ect. There will be a selection of modules to choose from on the fault reading tab.
So far, only fault codes will be available for the VE GMLAN selection...but EVERY last fault code will have the proper definition! (Possibly the most time consuming task possible entering in ever fault description!) 8-)

The modified ELM's for GMLAN will only support VE GMLAN, so the only option in SOE that will be functional is the fault code reading.

Happy Easter all! :thumbup: