Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: Suzuki Buggy's Datto 1200 Delco

Post by Holden202T »

after meeting luke i can't imagine him doing that :P
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

My mate got a new trigger wheel made up and installed it today, it works heaps better than the old notches cut into the skinny pulley edge. no more backfiring now. VL400's Logger sur eis gettin a workout on this project. its a bit sketchy to be flying round the paddock in this with a laptop...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ZzsQwbSYY
IMAG0010-1.jpg
IMAG0010-1.jpg (126.31 KiB) Viewed 6058 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Nicely done :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

weve just solved the major problem that has been plaguing this setup... backfiring at high revs. turns out the engine was getting a harmonic vibration at high revs that was causing the sensor bracket to vibrate in and out. the module saw this movement as another voltage spike and sent it out of phase with a large backfire, then the CEL would come on with EST code 42. after much hair pulling we finally found this out and my mate implemented the proposed solution today :D result, high revs with no backfire and no check engine light.
:driving:
just goes to show, solid sensor mounting really is key to these DFI setups.
new sensor brace
new sensor brace
IMAG0013.jpeg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol i think the fix is overkill but hey whatever works :P
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

its a pretty long mount and we were stuffed if we were gonna risk it moving again so stuff it :D
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

well, weve had a big win :D the buggy is now at my private racetrack (aka property with tarred estate roads that were locked off due to greenies) and weve been doing some real tuning. we found that a major fuelling problem was the blue top injectors, with their narrow single stream spray, wasnt evenly distributing fuel to the 2 ports that each injector goes to. we traded them in for 2 ecotec injectors and running like a dream now. on sunday we took it out and did some VE tuning on it and got steady state fuelling pretty good except for some lean outs on pedal movment. turns out AE wasnt lasting long enough, so with vl400's help I figured out to tick the flag "decay AE each rev", which effectively doubles the duration the AE shot lasts for. I tested the new AE setting yesterday and took these attached logs.
8-08 buggy logs.zip
(334.3 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
these logs show the AE still isnt perfect, tho its much much better, the lean out is small and brief compared to how it was on sunday, and maybe even a little too long in duration now, I just need to increase the AE multiplier to get rid of the small lean out left and then well have a day of fun this sunday and get some videos of it in action before trailering it back to the workshop to install the turbo
:driving:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

good work!

i hope you have more success out there than i did with the gemini :wall:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

alright finally got a video, stood the phone up against my sunnies on the road and did a few donuts.
ive been busy playing with the AE and manfuel settings, logging and tuning all afternoon, got it pretty close now, tad on the rich side but not bogging down much. little work left coz it goes too rich at one part of the real light throttle, but it could be ve table related yet.. as soon as we get a trailer again this things goin back to the workshop to get bigger injectors and a turbo :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Z9-ibGh68
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Cool, seems to be running pretty well
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396