VR AUTO TO 808 ECU

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
delcowizzid

Re: VR AUTO TO 808 ECU

Post by delcowizzid »

so im thinking a camira module converts sinewave to squarewave for the ecu to see wonder how long one would go with no coil attached to give me the right VSS pulses.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I reckon it'd work fine. Its a dumb module, will just work with what its got and keep running..
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
XR Pilot
cars: Nissan Skyline wagon, ST162 Celica + MR2 turbo engine (project)

Post by XR Pilot »

What you need is an LM1815. Will work perfectly for your application, there about $15AUD for the IC though. Its basically whats used in a Camira module to convert the reluctor to square wave.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hmm might look into that im thinking of just biting the bullet and doung a swap of the cog but the box had a fair bit of slip into second at WOT after a tune due to it driving round so long with a badly adjusted kickdown cable was changing early and slipping into second when the guy picked me up.so the box might not have long to live and he has a VR for spares with an electric box so might just about check out the spare box and install that will be easier.but the VN box seems a lot stronger than them silly electric autos.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well thanks to XR_pilot i have a couple of schematics for maybe making what i need to convert the VSS signal
v3pcb_3.gif
v3pcb_3.gif (46.84 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
76475592.jpg
76475592.jpg (44.38 KiB) Viewed 6488 times
2ndVR.gif
2ndVR.gif (19.2 KiB) Viewed 6488 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well heres my latest creation to do some VSS circuit testing in the vr.ive made a patch harness for 808 to VR auto wiring just finishing the second plug now.part of a VS ecu and some 808 plugs should work ok in the end
IMG0093A.jpg
IMG0093A.jpg (59.9 KiB) Viewed 6470 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

must have been fun getting that plug off the circuit board!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

brute force and ingnorance mate .she came off pretty well actually considering i dont have a solder sucker :mrgreen:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well patch cable worked a treat all fired up and ran ok.think the vr has a dud O2 sensor fixed a manifold leak made it run lots better but the O2 volts kept dropping out so i think its toast.left my wiring swap diagram book at home so couldnt fit the camira module yet :cry: but we soarched one for $6 from pick a part off something not camira.was hoping to get one off the 4 cylinder vn commodores but doh they dont run delco some shit bosch ecu and no dizzy module must be crank triggered as the only wires from the dizzy were spark plug leads.still run the camira engine though which i thought strange that it would not run a delco.got the module off some lemans shitta cant remember specifics but its a GM module and looks the same as the camira jobby.so im wiring the module into my patch harness tonight ready for round 3 next weekend maybe.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The JD and JE camiras run the same engine, but the JD has bosch and the JE has delco, so you must be looking at the earlier system.

Did it look like this?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/johnhpowlton ... point.html
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396