202 turbo

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
seal12
cars: hr holden

Re: 202 turbo

Post by seal12 »

received my hr back today and must say a big thanks to vn5000 for the amazing work he has done, i have had this setup for about 2 years now and i cant believe i have been getting around thinking this is what a turbo 202 is like to drive for the car i have now is bloody amazing and i cannot get the smile off my face :D
i dont know where to start with stating the changes it has made to be running correctly but will just say that the manners of the car are outstanding with no flat spots and is that smooth through the rev range.
also i am very happy with the decrease in boost as the injectors only allowed around 8psi but i can say i really wouldnt be needing any more for fear of breaking the little banjo or the 5 speed. so thanks again for sorting this all out for me as now i can Cruise with piece of mind. also a big thanks to all the members that contributed to this thread as i have learned alot.

thanks, cheyne
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Cheers seal12 ,really good to hear your happy as i i new you would be . :driving: .
Gotta say thats one cool car youve got there now it goes so well,im gonna miss driving it . :lol: :thumbup:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice one, sounds like a great outcome. If you want to post up the final bin will add it to the 12P custom tunes thread.

And you know breakages just mean it was worn out and needed upgrading anyway, delcowizzid must always install very worn out parts :lol:
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Yeah a big thanks to you to vl400 for sharing that $12p code ,its an awesome code youve developed,far superior to kalmaker ,If you combine $12p ,tunerpro and antus plugin and win xp i dont think ill ever use kalmaker again especially with its security limitations.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

VL400 wrote:Nice one, sounds like a great outcome. If you want to post up the final bin will add it to the 12P custom tunes thread.

And you know breakages just mean it was worn out and needed upgrading anyway, delcowizzid must always install very worn out parts :lol:
nah its the 440HP of gearbox breaking goodness
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

seal, you need to put a cut down borg warner diff in it! as for the supra, it should handle the punishment pretty well, people put them behind worked v8's with no issues!
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Yeah ive had a supra 5sp in my vl with a worked 5.0 lt inj for about 4 years and its still going strong and its such a lightweight gearbox.
seal12

Post by seal12 »

haha i like the idea that if it breaks then it must have been worn out and needed replacing anyway :lol:
just a quick question on water meth injection, the car has been tuned to run around 8psi comfortably but i have been cautioned not to run more as the injectors will max, but i have the water meth system there and am thinking i will reconnect it and set it to come on at around 5psi boost just as a safe guard, has anyone had experience with this? and down the track if i want more power is it possible to wind more boost safely by just using the meth injection?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its definately a good thing to have but i wouldn't be relying on it for that reason, i'd be spending the money, put the right injectors in it then you'll be safe all round!
seal12

Post by seal12 »

thanks for that, i will reconnect it just for safety purpose and if more power is needed down the track ill get some 40lb injectors.