Confirmirming programming

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Confirmirming programming

Post by VL400 »

If you used TP to get the bin via the plugin you only get the cal, even though it says its a bin when saving. It grabs just the cal to make it much faster to load. So when your done tuning on the NVRAM use the flashtool to do a get bin and then burn it.
Lawso
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Thanks all, I'm sure it is as VL400 says.

I was using the upload from tunerpro, not from the flashtool.

As a trial, I programmed an OSE base to my memcals, I can connect no probs using either tunerpro and the flashtool.

I then grabbed the bin using flashtool, and all is well. Just got to get to the cars now and get my NVRAM's back!

Once again, thanks guys for the help. I was starting to go insane, and I need at least one of my NVRAM's back as I have my own engine on the engine dyno on Monday!

It will be a first for me using TP / OSE on the engine dyno. In the past I have used Kalmaker, Haltech, Motec, etc.

The datalogging in Tunerpro should make the dyno a much quicker experience, just got to get my wideband reading correctly in tunerpro.... I read somewhere here that narrowing the band might be the way to go, I will set it up on my rig over the weekend and try to get it right.
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

This is my toy that's heading to the dyno...

It's a 355 holden, 4 bolt, H beams, Scat crank, ported heads, Manley valves, yella terra rockers, Motec manifold, 36lb injectors, hydraulic roller cam, etc..

It's set up for boost so I'm not expecting huge numbers, anything over 400hp would be nice.
038Medium.jpg
038Medium.jpg (95.68 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
Last edited by Lawso on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

This is the last toy, built it up to sell. Had a lot of parts lying around that I didn't need, so I thought, might as well have some fun and see what it can do!

It's also a 355 holden, scat crank, I beam rods, Hyper flat tops, std VN heads reco'd with isky springs, crane collets, retainers. Yella Terra stud mount rockers, and trend pushrods.
Compression was set at 11:1. Ran a torque power manifold, edelbrock 4bbl throttle body and bosch red top 30lb injectors, Crane 288 solid cam. Tuned with Kalmaker.

Made 484hp and 424ft/lb.
NewImage.jpg
NewImage.jpg (200.85 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
IMG_0532Medium.jpg
IMG_0532Medium.jpg (53.96 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Fuck me .Thats one sweet engine youve built there .I wish i could afford to do that to my 5.0 lt.What did it cost if you dont mind me asking. :mrgreen:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Awesome setup! Really neat intake setup. Going turbo or blower for boost?
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

I stopped counting a long time ago.... Can't really put a price on the manifold, it's a genuine motec. I guess I spent nearly $7k at the engine shop on machining and bits and pieces.. Not including the heads, only the change to stainless valves. I thought it would be good insurance as the will hadle the extra heat of forced induction. I spent $900 just on HPC coating the manifold and pipes and then hours cleaning up the mess and reassembling the manifold!

The engine I sold went for 6K long, no intake or injection, dizzy, etc. I don't think that it owed me that but I did come across some bargains along the build. It had only seen dyno time.

I nearly have enough parts to make another one!

Another 355 engine I helped to build and tuned made just under 500hp and the owner spent about 8K on the engine, not including intake, ignition, pipes, etc. Was similar to the engine I sold, just a smaller cam but more head work.
039Medium.jpg
039Medium.jpg (121.02 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
This one i built was never engine dyno'd but it has seen a chassis dyno and it made nearly 340hp atw. It has run a best of 11.7 down the qtr in a VH SLE street car.
He spent around $12k all up from memory. He did go with forged pistons though which pushed the price up a bit. It's running a torque power dual plane high rise (great manifold), Holley throttle body and 42lb delphi injectors. Tuned on Kalmaker. He has since upped the comp and ported the heads. Yet to see the quarter or a dyno.
042.jpg
042.jpg (82.65 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
And, if money is no object, I was asked to tune this one, It's a 383 chev, 871 blower. Made 740HP and the cost.....over 30K!

043.jpg
043.jpg (121.41 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Thanks VL400.

I have a variable vane turbo here for it. I had my heart set on the yella terra whipple supercharger setup, still would love to run one, but it's not in the budget! It's nearly a $12K excersise intercooled from what I can gather. Should be able to get the turbo happening for a lot less! One powerball though......

I want to get some time on the engine before looking at the forced induction side of things, just to make sure everything is ok. Plus I have a 6lt LS engine that needs to be stroked! I bought it a while back and have since sold the car it was earmarked for, but best get it happening and move it on, maybe it will pay for a whipple!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

no shortage of nice toys in this thread!
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Got one of the cars back today. Burned the memcal and installed into the car.

All is wel!

Thanks again to all for the assistance!