LPG WB tonner

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
delcowizzid

Re: LPG WB tonner

Post by delcowizzid »

oh yeah forgot about the vn v8 having different reference angle that doesnt suit camira module
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Oh yeah just checked, camira is 10 degrees, BLCF V8 is 60 degrees.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the two memcals he referred to were v6 and 4 cyl so definately the 4 cyl one will work alot better than the v6 memcal as theres 60 degrees difference in the reference angle!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

not really..... the timing will still be way out with the 4cyl memcal even with correct 10 deg ref angle as it uses the num of cylinders to figure out how many pulses is 360 degrees on the crank, then counts the Milliseconds betweeen pulses to count out the degrees. if it thinks its a 4cyl then you command 30 degrees advance, its going to think 4 pulses = one crank rotation and really only give you 15 degrees not 30.

anyhoo, the memcal itself is of no consequence, you just need any memcal with a tune set to v8 and ref angle set to 10 degrees.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Timing will be ok as it knows how long its been between pulses to calculate the next, but RPM will be out ;)
chocko
cars: WB One Tonner

Post by chocko »

VL400 wrote:Timing will be ok as it knows how long its been between pulses to calculate the next, but RPM will be out ;)
Hi
When you say " RPM will be out " , do you mean for the injection side or when my engine is doing 3000rpm the ecu thinks i am doing 6000rpm so is accesing the incorrect timing map , cos at the moment the old girls revving pretty hard and making a lot more power than with the standard ignition that had been regraphed for LPG , but still running 18DEG static timing at idle.
Another Question, when erasing an eprom, how long does it need to be exposed to UV light , as most of the erasers i have seen have a timer built in !
Cheers
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yeah RPM will be reading double actual so will be using the wrong load points.

About 10min is norm enough to erase it.
chocko

Post by chocko »

Another question, what are Netres and what do they do? Having read the post "convert V6 netres to V8 " they dont seem to do a lot !
Sorry for all of the questions but i really have no idea about delco tuning but finding it very interesting !
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The netres is for limp home fueling (spark is controlled via the ignition module). One part of the netres is used all the time though and selects the number of cyl for fuel injection - 4/6/8 cyl or TBI but wont matter on a spark only conversion
chocko

Post by chocko »

Now that makes sense, will be changing to petrol / injection in the near future , i think i have gone as far as i can with lpg , spent a lot of money and time ( engines dont survive too long with lots of timing and revs when your LPG system fails ) and have it running really sweet , heaps of power and great fuel economy when cruising , better fuel economy than my sons VS V6 ,
Thanks again for your help