V6 VT Commodore

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: V6 VT Commodore

Post by VL400 »

Updated the ADX here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =700#p8371

Works ok on my VT V6 bench so just let me know how it goes on your vehicle. The current plugin is not happy with chatter on VTs so make sure your using the TP internal aquisition engine for now.
mart154
cars: 97 VT Ecotec

Post by mart154 »

Cool! The logging seems to be good with the new adx! Thanks! :thumbup:

Uploaded a datalog as well. it's a xdl, just rename the file extension.

But still, haven't got any luck at all gettin the ose plugin workin at all.
As soon as i choose the plugin and press connect, i get an error. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/- ... directlink
if u guys are interested in the tracebacks, can upload them aswell.
Attachments
datalog.txt
(46.46 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yep the plugin not working on VT and later is a known issue and is being worked on, too much bus chatter :think:

You dont need to use the plugin until your running an NVRAM and want to start tuning in RT, for just logging the internal TP engine does the same job.
mart154

Post by mart154 »

VL400 wrote:Yep the plugin not working on VT and later is a known issue and is being worked on, too much bus chatter :think:

You dont need to use the plugin until your running an NVRAM and want to start tuning in RT, for just logging the internal TP engine does the same job.

Ok, cool, i just understood, that the plugin is still working somewhat on VT, just gettin a bad log... but if not, then not...
Thanks again for the workin adx, mate!

antus wrote: Also note that the realtime factory supercharged tune tops out at around 8psi, beyond that you would need to go kalmaker workshop.
Um, is there any actual need to use the S/C tune?

I intended to make a custom tune out of scratch (like with any good standalone ecu :D ), as i'm probably gonna need a bigger MAF (LT1?) for the airflow intended.

Moreover, the Siemens injectors i plan to use, have better characteristics (opening and closing times and flow patterns) compared to stockies, so the fuel tables need to be gone over all the way.

Now, time to do some logging and learn the bloody TP a bit more :)
mart154

Post by mart154 »

oh, and drew a lil picture today as well. :)
tomorro to laser cutting to cut out some 12mm thick exhaust flanges.

mart154

Post by mart154 »

So, been lazy with the laser cutting...
Thaught to collect some more bits and send em all together.

Got a nice parcel from europe. Megasquirt, Innovate wideband and even some xenon lights :)

Found an intercooler from kiwiland as well,tried it, turns out, theres gonna be some cutting to be done to fit it.
Couple of pics from trying the cooler. The steel bumper beam and bumper itself have to be cut and modified a bit.

Anyways. I think i have decided to leave Delco running the auto trans, aircon, speedo and so on. But let the MS handle fuel and spark. I think its gonna make my life a lot easyer. At least from the MS side of things :)

Hopefully I can leave Delco running the idle valve as well cause stepper motors are a pain in the butt with MS. It only runs PWM valves good.

Has anyone done a similar conversion?
Hopefully i dont have to give delco any water and airtemp readings nor the TPS sensor, can throw away the maf and unplug the spark and fuel without disturbing it too much :)

I suppose when I get MS mounted, can start unpluging different sensors to see whats gonna happen :)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nah it neads the tps readings to know when to kickback mate.... personally ide stick with the delco, but then I know how I would tune it, its all about stick with what you know I spose. the tps just has 5v and earth then one wire that the ecu reads its reading off, I wonder if it will complain if you just split that wire between the two ecu's? I cant comment whether the gearbox needs the maf for load too, but youll find out. part of the headaches of trying to get away from the delco :P
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think you'll be ok. You'll need to mask a bunch of errors that the ecu will throw and that way your check engine light will still be able to alert you to problems with things it doesnt know about, and I think splitting the TPS will probably work ok too.

However if you wanted to try 100% delco first you can try unplugging your BCM, and disabling vats while you are tuning. The BCM sends the heartbeat that all the devices use for timing their talking on the bus, and then they will all be quiet. Granted the dash and most everything else wont work while its unplugged but then the plugin will work fine (use v1.2.4) and you can do your tuning and plug the bcm back in when your done. Its a bit of a hack but untill we can make the plugun robust enough but it might get you through. I have an idea what needs to be done to the plugin, but its a completely different approach and I dont have a VT to test so its a big job :( Or, if you can get it to link by retrying untill it works, then start logging with VL400s new adx, the logging will silence the bus and if you leave that running while tuning that might work too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mart154

Post by mart154 »

Has anyone actually used the delco for boosts way above 1 bar and for airflows way above the stock maf? :)

Thats what im afraid of, im not sure that the D will run my setup good enough. And even more, im not sure that im capable tuning it :)

I suppose splitting the tps signal might be an option, but getting a 100% correct reading to both ecus might be a little issue. As for MS, it's takin its own 5v v-ref to compare with the signal, cause 5v might not always be 5.000 volts.

I think it should be ok, if i use the 5v from MS and just send the signal to delco. Might be a % or 2 off, but should be good enough for the gearbox.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

gearbox uses everything even the MAF a stock 4l60e isnt going to last long anyway ide build a T700 so you dont need the ecu or some other form of non electric trans
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem