antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: V6 VT Commodore

Post by antus »

The NA MAF is the same part number as the SC one, so 8psi is fine with factory s/c code and stock maf even with turbo. Others have gone higher, but with kalmaker. Check out this for one:

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... ned#p12687
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I tuned a stocker maf the other week & had upto 12Psi boost & at top output(180rwKw) it still only had 230 maf flow so from what I read in stock form it can go to 256 & then with a few adjustments & bigger maf can go to 300 maf flow & that's in stock calibration form so I'm guessing it will support up to 15+ psi!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

a turbo ecotec at 10 psi maxes the tables in tunerpro at around 3500-4000 rpm can do about 300rwhp at that sort of boost on the maf ide contemplate swapping the dash gauges for vs items and rolling back to an early map based ecu :thumbup:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well thats not what I got on my dyno using tp5 & the stock CKUM file a couple of weeks ago! as posted above still had a fair bit of maf flow to go!

EDIT; not sure if it make any difference being supercharged Vs Turbo?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah turbos way more efficient you get 12psi from low in the rpm .sc with good exhaust and shit will max out somewhere round 12psi
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Cool makes sense then!

I did mean to try my car with stock ckum & tp5 as I know my charger is boosting to 15psi & wanted to see how the maf handled that!

But yeah your the wizard & I bow to you & believe you!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the l67 is different when you crank boost up you only gain psi from expanded superheated air more than actual throughput of the little M90 charger when you get up over 10-12 psi pulley .i have the flow sheet here for M90 youde be surprised at the HP used and the extra heat generated at higher boost youll be using over 50 crank hp turning that blower at 15psi
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah that makes even more sense & using something like a waste(exhaust gas) to re-produce more power(so long as you cool it down) would be easier than using the spin of the motor to produce power!

In saying that it would be interesting to see that sheet of yours!

I think we've gone a bit off the original topic here but anyways! LOL
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbotech.html scroll down to bottom for m90 for temp hp drain and cfm
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

We seem to keep getting back on this topic.
The grams/sec MAF flow are not the limiting factor for these calibrations, it is actually the calculated milligrams/cyl (mgc) that causes this issue.
The mgc will be a maxiumum at peak torque and not peak power, I've covered this is another post elsewhere so won't repeat it all hear again.
Would be interested to see what peak mgc readings L67getrag & delcowizzid are getting on the dyno rather than MAF grams/sec, as it must be getting close to maxing out at just under 1000 mgc.

yoda69