Wideband calibration

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Yortt

Wideband calibration

Post by Yortt »

I am at the stage where I am setting up my wideband for Version 111. I have an output from my wideband of AFR 10 = 5v and AFR 18.00= 0.0v.
I have the "VE learn Parameters - Wideband 0 volt AFR" set at 18.00 AFR and "VE learn Parameters - Wideband 5 volt AFR" set at 10.00 AFR.

The result is a flat line of 18.0 AFR on the tunerpro logging graph

I then reversed the settings ie.AFR 10.0 = 0v and AFR 18.00 = 5.0v.
The wideband trace now appeared to work however at a 110kpa it was approximately 5 AFR to lean and at stiochiometric was approximately 2 AFR to lean.

Any suggestions?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Wideband calibration

Post by VL400 »

The wideband configuration does not support inverse wideband outputs. Can you change it so its AFR 10 = 0v and 18 = 5v?
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

VL400 wrote:The wideband configuration does not support inverse wideband outputs. Can you change it so its AFR 10 = 0v and 18 = 5v?
I am using a Motec PLM and I am not sure this can be done however I use this wideband output for other tuning software and would prefer not to change this setting is there any other alternative?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If you set the max to 25.6 and the min to 0 it should work but you will have to adjust the TP calc for the wideband item to suit. The value you get from the ECU will be the raw analog value that is 0-256 representing 0-5 volts on the analog pin.

Edit: meant to add, wideband ve learn will not work with above settings. The ecu will not know what the actual afr is.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

VL400 wrote:If you set the max to 25.6 and the min to 0 it should work but you will have to adjust the TP calc for the wideband item to suit. The value you get from the ECU will be the raw analog value that is 0-256 representing 0-5 volts on the analog pin.

Edit: meant to add, wideband ve learn will not work with above settings. The ecu will not know what the actual afr is.

Looks like it is working now, thanks for your help and the excellent support for OSE 12P
VL400

Post by VL400 »

No probs :thumbup:
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Another Question, when logging with OSE12p the logging rate starts at 10fps after several minutes the logging speed drops to 5fps which is unacceptable for tuning, can anyone offer any suggestions to correct?

I have notice that there are several posts indicating a log frame rate of 30fps how is this done?

Thanks Yortt
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Hmm im not sure why it would be slowing down. What pc/laptop are you running it on - is tunerpro slowing down and running out of resources maybe?

To get 30fps, use the 'message 6' adx variants. They log a lot less types of data, but should be enough for tuning and the trade of with message size is how the speed is obtained.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

antus wrote:Hmm im not sure why it would be slowing down. What pc/laptop are you running it on - is tunerpro slowing down and running out of resources maybe?

To get 30fps, use the 'message 6' adx variants. They log a lot less types of data, but should be enough for tuning and the trade of with message size is how the speed is obtained.
I am using a HP laptop 1400MHz 1.4 GHz 224MB of ram. I had the same problem with code 59 and Tunerpro. I also know of two others having the same problem using Tunerpro.

Where can I find the 'message 6' adx variants ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

They are in the ose 12p zip file, under adx, there is a 1 2 and 3 bar version. 224mb of ram isnt much, your probably running out of ram.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396