Need to get my VR V8 tuned.. where to go? or who is keen? :P

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Holden202T

Re: Need to get my VR V8 tuned.. where to go? or who is keen

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats correct, what you want to do is go write cal, then in the window that comes up change the file type to bin and select mine or jaymes file then it will just upload the cal segment not the whole file.

also if you want to make it quicker for yourself then go read cal and save it as the same file name as the bin file and then when you upload them here and stuff its smaller....

either way is much of a muchness though, but as far as us helping you all we need is the cal part of the tune.
iju58u
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Post by iju58u »

oh ok no worries then I can do that :) cheers!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

that bin of sams should do the trick - dont bother using mine :thumbup: :thumbup: :driving:

gee those carby style manifolds really kill off the low end VE! :wtf: no wonder the stock bin runs so rich and up to shit.
iju58u
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Post by iju58u »

tried both bins, runs on yours Jayme but very rich idle still (10.5:1)
Doesn't run on Sams though, very lean in the 18:1 region so it wont hold idle, had to shut it off, if the idle was better afr i would've givin it a test run but didn't want to damage anything :P
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

put sams back in and keep increasing injector rate until it idles at about 13:1, thats the problem. sams VE table was made for a different base injector rate.
iju58u
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Post by iju58u »

i upped the base injector rate even up to .20 where it started at .13 made no difference to the idle :S
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

can you send a log of it ? how are you changing it, are you emulating and changing it and clicking "update"? change it, redownload and check its really changed. are you changing: "Map A: Run A/F Param - Displacement/inj flow rate (Litres/Grams per sec)"? only other thing could be sams mates injectors were different, and your engine seems to behave differently to his even with most of the same setup. perhaps different cam. either way, need to make sure its really changing on the nvram. if it is really changing and making no difference, then I suggest you put it about 0.14 then raise the VE table in the cells its idling in until it idles right, hold the revs up with the pedal so you can follow the VE up the rpm table, once you have that sorted, then you can guestimate the cells around it be dragging them around in the graph view then go driving and logging.
iju58u
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Post by iju58u »

the cells for idle on sams map were around 7 - 10ish from memory, on yours they are more like 35 to get it to idle right
I'm about to head out so will have more of a play with it tomorow and check it is changing correctly, but yes thats how i was changing it, in the map A etc then update, made a slight difference but yeh didnt idle at all..
will update once I have a play in the morning :)
Cheers

Dave
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Are you sure yove got the bin version matching the cal version ,ie v110 bin with v110 cal and v110 xdf
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Jayme wrote:that bin of sams should do the trick - dont bother using mine :thumbup: :thumbup: :driving:

gee those carby style manifolds really kill off the low end VE! :wtf: no wonder the stock bin runs so rich and up to shit.
i don't think its the manifold i think its more the cam having bugger all vaccum ......

having said that it could just be my mates motor!

what map is it idling on ? if its much below 50-60 it will probably be idling too lean, but if its anything like my mates it idled at about 65-70kpa