newbie - 12p tune - Knock sensor not working...

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: newbie - 12p tune - Knock sensor not working...

Post by VL400 »

If the memcal is still standard, ie still BFPM it should have not started - VATS would have stopped it. But starting and CEL on sounds like limp mode - the comms board should have showed a solid data LED too if limp/backup mode.

You can solder the knock board to the NVRAM but it will make little difference, you are correct in thinking the EPROM does not need to be programmed to work with the NVRAM, knock filter will work fine still. Got the memcal plugged in the right way round to the NVRAM?

The knock sensor should measure ~4k (or ~2k) ohms from the wire to ground, that is how it knows if its unplugged and throws code 43 - make sure you are checking/processing the fault and displaying a CEL (both code 43 flag items ticked). The items "Malf 43 - Minimum A/D value" and "Malf 43 - Maximum A/D value" are what are used to determine when the knock sensor is missing so leave them as stock.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

heres one i prepared ealrier :thumbup:

SirGollum
cars: Nissan GQ Patrol with Holden 304

Post by SirGollum »

Got the memcal plugged in the right way round to the NVRAM?
Arrrrrrrrr crap........sorry guys... :oops:

On the positive side everything is working as it should now! For the first time in ages I have the ute running pretty well!

Thanks so much for everyone's help! No way I could have got this far without the ppl on this forum.

Once I have the VE's perfected Ill post my final tune for all. Considering how small my cam is, it may even be a good platform for a std engine.