202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by Holden202T »

well i have just installed my CTS sensor in the bottom of the thermostat housing and the dash gauge sensor in the front of the head just behind the thermostat housing and they are now reading within a few degrees of each other now!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I did notice that your head had a temp sensor hole near the front head bolt, mine is a 2850 head which has 4 bolt bosses in this area. I'll just drill & tap another hole in the thermo housing for the dash gauge. The heater works much better connected to the manifold side of the head too.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

It's been a while since I last posted here, so here's an update. I fitted another trimatic recently as the old one was a little tired after 320000kms.
I put the car on a dyno last weekend as I've been having some pinging at light throttle about 2500-3000 rpm. After playing with the timing & adding fuel it appears to have gone :thumbup: I was also pleased with the hp figures, 127.4 hp @ the tyres with a 220° cam. :driving:
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats not too bad, i got 132hp out of my street 202 and managed to get it up to 140 but either way, 127 will be plenty of run for a streeter and will keep them v6 commodores honest :P