HSV SV Black Edition

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
The1

HSV SV Black Edition

Post by The1 »

Was reading this article, interesting to note, you get software to log data, be interesting to see this software and what it contains, wonder what goodies the pcm has in that thing!

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011/co ... tion-25477
Holden202T

Re: HSV SV Black Edition

Post by Holden202T »

my honest opinion, its looks shit :P

i'm not a fan of the way they are going with the grilles and stuff .... sounds like it should go alright though and has alot of "track specific" features.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

yeah ,im with you holden 202 ,not really into these late model show ponys.
Ive been looking at the bin out of a ve 6.0 ss lately and there pretty restricted.
Shit like drive by wire electronic throttles that back off by themselves if you go to give them a flogging,they call it abuse mode,it also backs the spark timing off under certain conditions and im not talking about knocking ,fuck that ,i want to drive the car ,not the pcm.If i want to give it full throttle then i want it to get full throttle straight away.I dont wont the pcm to gradually open the throttle for better emissions.
Also when modding these things theres no ve tables ,or maf tables to mod ,you now have a virtual ve table that is calculated by the tuning software from a heap of co efficients.
Ill bet the datalogging that comes with them would only be basic ,like vehicle speed ,tps etc,i doubt it would have stuff like spark retard ,ltft ,stft ,that would tell you how the cars actually ruuning.
Ill keep my $74000 thanks and put a turbo on a vn -vt v8 for a 1/3 the price ,have much more fun driving it ,with more than twice the power. :rant: :driving: :lol:
The1

Post by The1 »

haha so true, im the same, ill be keeping my vs over all the new models :mrgreen: