Enabling Narrowband VE learn

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Enabling Narrowband VE learn

Post by krusty »

Playing around with $12P at the moment and noticed this "enable NB VE learn logic" parameter in flags. Is that basically BLM/ LTFT or is this a OSE$12P specific function?

Reason I ask is that I had to run a standard 256k memcal in the car and just had to make a tune up without going RT to keep the car running. I thought this NB learn logic may assist in getting the baseline right especially considering that the car has larger injectors.

BTW, does a injector rate of 0.069 look right for a 5L with 36# injectors for a VP 5L?
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Re: Enabling Narrowband VE learn

Post by ToyHicko »

for the narrowband VE learn to work you need to be running the NVRAM. Yes it is $12P addon. The flag does exist in standard/factory bins but the code is missing i believe to make it work. All the BLM read a constant valve of 100 when enabled and the VE table value is adjust instead.
krusty

Post by krusty »

So the fact that I've enabled NB VE learn with a 256k eprom memcal should be a placebo or will it have a negative effect somewhere?
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Not 100% sure on this but it from what I;ve gathered it disables BLM meaning the ecu will not learn so if lean stay's lean if rich stays rich only in the 14.7 AFR target regions ofcourse.

I'm still learning myself. Curently trying to figure out why my VN/VR engine is knock retarting.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Spot on, BLMs will be locked at 128/100% and will not make any adjustments so your best off disabling VE learn on the memcal.
krusty

Post by krusty »

VL400 wrote:Spot on, BLMs will be locked at 128/100% and will not make any adjustments so your best off disabling VE learn on the memcal.
Done like dinner. Ta fellas