Time for a change - Ecotec Torana

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: Time for a change - Ecotec Torana

Post by Dec_head »

I have a 4l60e transgo stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo piston was in the box for 3 months before the reaction shell stripped the gear and i lost reverse so i changed to a manual.If you decide to shift kit it it's been sitting in my shed for 6 months now and i still have the box with the instructions.
I had altered shift patterns but the kit was by far the best improvement just made changes much firmer with the corvette servo it was hard not to chirp the wheels into second
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats what was in the box that i just removed from the car .... reason i put this box in is that i am hoping for better economy from the ecotec pcm over the 808 i had .... and also i plan on selling it one day and when that happens i can keep my good shift kitted box!
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

would love to see you try an l67 in it before you sell it lol.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well if someone donates it i'll run it :driving:
Apples

Post by Apples »

I just got a VS V6, auto, diff, drive shaft, 2x wiring and 2x PCM for $500
I would have got a L67 if they had one.
Auto wrecker is shutting down and all vehicle are to be crushed.
Now looking at what other bits I can get / need.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats a pretty good bargain!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Holden202 wrote:well today has seen the hydraulic 4L60 come out of the torana along with the 808 and vn loom and in went a 4L60E and vs loom and pcm .... so its now a legitimate ecotec now!

so, with my ecotec map based tune on 91 octane fuel i was getting approx 11.75L/100kms .... some of these tanks were with trailer and stuff like that so its slightly higher but i'm hoping to get it closer to 10's with the new setup ....

also planning to experiment with some auto gearbox changes to the bin file to see if i can get the auto a bit more responsive without a shift kit etc.

so initial drive seems to show that the maf tune goes fairly similar to how it did with the 808 but seems to drive a bit smoother so will be interesting to see in a week or so.
time for that update!

11.88L/100km in full ecotec trim :wtf:
this is over 6 tanks of juice and 1722kms.

so i reckon so far the improvements from the VN-VR V6 -> Ecotec V6 are mainly in the hardware not the seuqential injection or anything like that.

that said, i did tune the 808 on the ecotec where as at this stage i have only installed the stock vs v6 pcm and tranny ... all i've done with it is play with the auto shift points and line pressures a bit.

So hopefully in the coming weeks i'll have an xdf made with the info in it i need to tune the fueling side of things then we'll see how that goes....

one thing i can confirm is that its really rich at WOT .... now im not sure if this is standard feature or if its just because i have different exhaust from the Y pipe back. (o2 sensor volts in the order of 1000mv) also this is only one bank, the other bank is near perfect o2 readings so yeah, some exploring to do there.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

they allways run way rich on a wideband 11-12:1 at wot
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i reckon im seeing 11's ....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Well today marks the end of this thread, the ebay auction has ended and the car has been sold for $3,300!!