wide band with n/b sim question.

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

wide band with n/b sim question.

Post by sprattzvx »

Hi peoples, searched but cant find the answers. Im looking to install an mtx-l, with the w/b sensor in place of the stock sensor(vx l67). Will the gauge display w/b readings whilst outputting a n/b signal to the ecu, or is switchable only between wb and nb?
Will sim nb upset the ecu at all?
Thanks,
Ken.
Holden202T

Re: wide band with n/b sim question.

Post by Holden202T »

you can do it via one of the two analog outputs but from everything i've heard of people trying to do it, it never reads like a normal narrowband and hense is not worth it....

my suggestion, goto an exhaust join and get a second bung welded into the exhaust so you can install the wideband there!
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Thanks man. Well im about to buy the kit after much deliberation, and i know theres a few people on here using them BUT. After looking on the innovative forum, theres a whole bunch of ppl having dramas with error codes and general probs with these, and theres been no reply to the posts from innovative on their own forum, that cant be good. Ill be paying 244 posted for the gauge, are there any other options in this price range with similiar specs?
For what you get in the mtx kit its a great price, but if theres quality and reliability issue, im not keen at all. Thanks for any input here 202.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Mine has been working fine, but yeah there have been a few people with issues on that forum. You tend to only hear from un-happy customers though so there are prob lots of happy ones too. There are so many wideband setups to choose from these days so can really get exactly the features you want, the MTX-L fitted what I wanted in a permanent install as it was all contained in the gauge unit. If I wanted a handheld unit the LM2 would not be on my list again as its been a big pile of crap so far.

This mob was from the last group buy, with postage it works out less than $244 .. http://highway66speedshop.shop033.com/
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

VL400 wrote:Mine has been working fine, but yeah there have been a few people with issues on that forum. You tend to only hear from un-happy customers though so there are prob lots of happy ones too. There are so many wideband setups to choose from these days so can really get exactly the features you want, the MTX-L fitted what I wanted in a permanent install as it was all contained in the gauge unit. If I wanted a handheld unit the LM2 would not be on my list again as its been a big pile of crap so far.

This mob was from the last group buy, with postage it works out less than $244 .. http://highway66speedshop.shop033.com/
Yep your right i reckon the ratio of happy/unhappy owners is most like 1000:1. Done a few searches on other kits and much the same regards post about failures, possibly bodgy installs aswell. Yea 66speed are cheaper. Would you suggest the longer cable kit, cant see the shorter one reaching, if i buy the longer one can the excess just be rolled up or not? A million questions i know but good advice is gold.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yep get the longer cable kit, can coil up any excess.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'd be interested to see how many people found out the error info like i did..... when i first installed my MTX-L i had E9 i think it was, it took me all of about 10 minutes online to find the list of error codes and it turned out E9 is a result of not enough power to it ..... other than that no issues.

i often wonder too, innovate support team probably don't get alot of time to look at forums to help people, and when i had issues with an LC-1 years ago i emailed their support team and got pretty quick replies and my issues were sorted over the email, so i can't complain at all about them.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Well 202, thats sorta what i was thinking , like how many of these dudes are just peanuts and have the connections twisted on and earthed on a dash screw or some other stupid shit.
Im just a little over cautious/paranoid about buying shit cos if your not its a big dissapointment when you get a crap product.
Any way i bought the mtx kit with longcable from the speed shop vl400 linked me and saved $33, cheers vl. They use toll air express which is great, as auspost dont do next day to my area but toll does. Win.
One more question, which bank runs leaner on l67/ecotec? ill install the sensor on this side.
Cheerin.