Un stacking bin's

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
kelvin
cars: Commodore

Un stacking bin's

Post by kelvin »

I replaced the EPROM in my VN computer with a 28c256 EEPROM and I stacked the bins to fit giving a 32k file. Trouble is I had a computer failure and lost all my 16k bins, still have the 32's but the XDF won't accept the 32k file. How do I unstack my 32k files back to 16K.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Un stacking bin's

Post by VL400 »

Can use the split function in TP, same tool as you used for stacking just select split in the corner.
kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Hi, thanks for that. I took my 32k file and split it as you suggested and got a file which I called test1.bin, 16k in size. When I try to load it in Tunerpro it just says, no bin selected. Other 16k files load OK.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

post your 16 or 32k files up here. Cant really tell whats wrong from your description.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Hi
My current bin is 'marobi10_32.bin', a 32k file, which I split into 'split1.bin', 16k. I thought perhaps I had the wrong XDF, but an earlier developement version that I still had in 16k, loads OK.
This all comes from my earlier computer falure. I'm using $5d.xdf at the moment, which looks nothing like the XDF I was using before. My previous XDF had much less options to change.
VN Commodore, Ecotec motor, BAAM computer.
Files included (I hope)
Attachments
split1.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
marobi10_32.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Both bins are just all zeros :(
kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Well thanks for that. I went and looked at all my older 32k versions and some of them where infact all zeros, and I was playing with the most recent version which as I now know was empty. Don't know how that happened. Anyway, I can start again from a version not too far back, which is better than nothing.
I hope it's not something I stuffed up in splitting the file that cleared it.
Thanks for your help (again)