How to get L67 tune onto a VY NA ute ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Brados
cars: VY Manual Ute

Re: How to get L67 tune onto a VY NA ute ECU

Post by Brados »

Car has been running great, Had some free time so managed to get myself an Inovative MTX-L wideband to put in my car, i want to wire it up to the ECU so i can log afrs in tuner pro over the ALDL link.

Ive read you tap into the injector voltage monitor line, On my VY flash pcm (DSZT) which pin would this be? I read somewhere it varies between pcms.
Also do i need any circuitry added? ie: resistors or fuses inline?

Cheers
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Great to hear it's going great!

I can't help you with wiring in wb, but I believe the inj monitor is what you want hopefully 1 of the mods can help with that?

Is it still throwing egr faults?

If so do you want to pm me (if you dont want to post it here) your tune to date & I'll make sure it looks ok?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The injector monitor wire on a flash PCM is C14 (its a red wire), leave the injector fault code active to force a malfunction so the code then uses battery voltage for injector voltage scaling instead of the feedback. One user had an issue with an MTX-L failing when connected to this wire so used a 1K resistor inline to protect it.

You need to modify the ADX injector monitor item, rename it and if your using the stock MTX-L analog out settings change the following..
Range low: 10
Range high: 20
Equation: (((22.39-7.35)/51)*x)+7.35
Brados

Post by Brados »

Thanks! Thats exactly the sort of info i was looking for. Ill pick up a resistor tomorow and wire it up.

Also im going to run it off the cigarette lighter wiring, instrucions say install a minimum 3A fuse, that seems a bit vauge to me.

Should i put a 5A fuse inline aswell as the resistor or will the cars fuses be sufficent?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

fuse should go on the power of the MTX-L and yeah probably a 5a will be fine, i think what its saying is the MTX-L could pull up to 3a so needs atleast that ....

doesn't really matter where you source power from, aslong as it turns off when the car is off or else you'll need to manually wire a switch in etc.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Inside the MTX-L it uses a switching power supply at 1.2MHz, it needs a good power feed or you may run into issues elsewhere (my radio went really fuzzy :thumbdown: ). Its now wired to the battery using a relay switched from the ciggy plug and found an old ferrite bead from a PC monitor cable to put over the positive power cable. It reduced the noise heaps, looking at the power on an oscilloscope was REALLY ugly before the changes. Try it on the ciggy plug but if you find the disply jumping around or the radio goes fuzzy it might be worth changing the power feed.
The1

Post by The1 »

im not sure if the MTX-L has a calibrate function, my 14.7 kit does, you can command an afr so you can then line up the calc in the adx so it's spot on.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah you can change the min/max settings for it to match 0 and 5 volts, but theres no real need, all the stuff here is setup for stock innovate numbers.
Brados

Post by Brados »

Thanks for all the help, ill post how it all turns out as soon as my gauge holder arrives and i can actualy install it! Was meant to be here already but probably late due to xmas and all. I was gona just mock fit it for now but i cant be bothered pulling all the internal panels off twice to run the wiring and having to resoldering it etc.
Rather wait and just do it right once.

VX L67 Getrag that would be great if you could look over my tune, just when i get to that stage lol. I was flat out since i was last on the forum with exams, then work then had to spend a while in hospital and also been waiting on my wideband before i start playing with anything, also had to run the car in which is now done. But expecting to have the wideband working this week then early in the new years after my holiday ill be able to get full on into tuning it. I Cant wait! I can tell the car has so much more potential in it.
Brados

Post by Brados »

Finaly got my gauges in and working, between postage being slow over xmas and then work and having to paint the holder first, it took ages.
Anyway the Innovate is working well, however i have a bad exhaust leak (loud ticking even idling) which is making it read garbage atm really. Ie: it thinks the afr is 15-16 at idle. Ill fix this on the weekend.

Im thinking of converting to an 808 ECU to use 12p code, so i can do a map tune and learn 12p. I have an A2A cooler and Turbo waiting to go on to twincharge the engine, MAF is known to cause problems on A2A cooled L67's and also 12p seems much better over flash pcms for tuning from what i have read.

Whats the easiest/best way to run 12p in a VY?
-Can it be connected strait up with a modified loom and i just loose dash functions? Or will i have to run it as a piggy back computer ?
-What will i need? ECU, NVram etc?