Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

Post by antus »

I like the simplicity of that. Looks like my local electronics store has packs of 10 of the opto couplers for $8.95. Might pick some up some today, and use their method to add vpw support to this teensy++ 2.0 board which i have floating around. :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
CYRAX
cars: 99TJ, 06F250

Post by CYRAX »

any luck :?:
uknomeprk
cars: 95 Astro 5.3 LM7

Post by uknomeprk »

Here's some info on PIDs upload and download routines this was acquired from an old form on... I think EFIs site. I wish I could say i'm still in the game but in short money is tight and has been, so I can't play right now. I'll be back in this if money and technical ability allows assuming I can contribute. STAY OPEN SOURCE, it will be worth it in the end for everyone.
Attachments
Good info.odt
(28.52 KiB) Downloaded 971 times
CYRAX

Post by CYRAX »

as the file title says that is some good info :punk:
uknomeprk

Post by uknomeprk »

So many views... So few comments... A whole lot of us have been hard at work on this, lets start getting our facts straight. Dimented24x7 said that a slow reprogram is possible, so I think that we can work it with or without the ELM327. This isn't race to the finish or an F U to any current companies that supply GM reprogramming software (im certain they're watching this thread :hmm: ). They, you, and me will make their, our money (if that's what you want) in the hardware and service (that's open source). There's lots of people who don't give a SH!# about how any of this works (GM OBD2 protocol) or are to worried about messing it up; they'd rather hand it off to a company or person to handle it. Companies provide reliability and insurance while DIYers PAVE the way and always have.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN! we can use the dumps with Tuner Pro and put them back into the GM PCM just like ANTUS made for the old (pre 1995) ECUs.

STAY "tuned" more to come ;)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im still thinking about this, i just dont have an ls1 car and im not in a hurry. Deciding and purchasing hardware.... Your right about the elm packet size, the 8 bytes is 8 bytes payload, not 8 bytes total. But its going to be stupidly slow. Slower than 1x by far, because it'll be a packet for each couple of bytes only... but possible. Ive moved to the position of "its not worth it" rather than "impossible". Its too likely something will go wrong when the flash is taking forever. Im not sure wether to try and base an interface on a rasbery pi with opto-isolators or a more featured board.. but im not lacking motivation.. Is anyone working on anything behind the scenes? PM me if you want to team up. Also, not sure what you mean pre-1995, it works on a lot of delcos newer than that (in to the 2000's), and VL400 implemented the aussie V6 flashing over ALDL. :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
uknomeprk

Post by uknomeprk »

ANTUS im really just a knight (maybe a rook) in this game. I've got a few programmers that have helped and are interested in this. I most certainly understand the ELM is not the best hardware platform for the job. Maybe a new topic should be started " OSGMRT" (OPEN SOURCE GENERAL MOTORS REPROGRAMMING TOOL) I really want to help.

Also my sister is marring an Aussie (i'm going to visit) so watch out for me killing kangaroos with my matthews bow.
uknomeprk

Post by uknomeprk »

antus wrote: Also, not sure what you mean pre-1995, it works on a lot of delcos newer than that (in to the 2000's), and VL400 implemented the aussie V6 flashing over ALDL. :)
Not bad, I did not know that... :D
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Am keen to help on an open source or free tool, hardware and/or software :thumbup:
CYRAX

Post by CYRAX »

VL400 wrote:Am keen to help on an open source or free tool, hardware and/or software :thumbup:
:thumbup: