vr V8 in LC Torana

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Hold-on
cars: LC GTR
HJ 308 ute

vr V8 in LC Torana

Post by Hold-on »

Hi Guys, I have put a 5l out of a vr in my LC torana. it is a stock engine with a T5. I have the complete donor car including the ECU, BCM (low) & Key. From much reading on this site it sounds like the best thing for me to do is to get the security disabled from the memcal and dice the BCM.
I am fairly new to this EFI magic and find it very interesting. I am keen to learn more about this and very keen to loose some tread of the old bridgestones. :driving:

Any advice on what I should do and where to get it done would be great.

ps I don't mind the idea of the extra security, maybe I could use the ign switch, key and BCM. is this possible?
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Re: vr V8 in LC Torana

Post by TTVN »

It would certainly be the most practical option to disable the anti theft and run without the bcm, will save having to mount the commodore column and keyreader etc and the associated bcm wiring

Consider buying the gear you need to do it yourself including a wide band AFR meter , one of VL400s realtime boards etc and a chip burner that way after you basically get it running you can slowly tweak it to give improved performance and give those bridgestones something to think about