VR $11 Definition, did they have ratio & errors?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

VR $11 Definition, did they have ratio & errors?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey all,

I have a feeling GM didn't actually release the gear ratio & assoc error's in the calibration till the ecotec, but wondering if anyone knows whether it was in the earlier model's?

The $11 XDF is well defined & can only see it possibly being between 7700 to 8000, but in the ecotec it's typically just after the bit flag's & masks!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag

FYI, it's just because a VR is being converted from auto to manual(getrag) & I know on the later model the ratio's are different & need to be changed for correct calibration!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VR $11 Definition, did they have ratio & errors?

Post by VL400 »

Not really sure what your asking here. But there is no manual/auto flag to mask all auto trans codes like later models. The gear ratio only has entries for the auto trans (4 ratios), and even then its just for fault checking.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VR $11 Definition, did they have ratio & errors?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm not sure what it does, but I think it's used in the calibration to determine what gear it's in for how tables relate to speed & so fourth(don't quote me on it).

But I do know the ratio's & errors are different auto to manual & to configure it properly you need to modify!

As I said I have a feeling the pre Ecotec didn't have them or if they did possibly a smaller table?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Attachments
Gear Ratio's & error.jpg
Gear Ratio's & error.jpg (39.96 KiB) Viewed 1825 times