DDRH inconsistent power ....

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
The1

Re: DDRH inconsistent power ....

Post by The1 »

well if your still running split tables it can retard down to the low, it can also retard using knock X degree's whatever the scalar MAX is set to. Usually 12deg i think at stock.
shane1

Post by shane1 »

ive had to make both tables the same so i thought the same just put 5 degrees into the kr table instead of 14 so its got somewhere to go but as soon as i do that i takes that much out as its seeing false knock (hence the filter idea) ive road tested it lugged in fifth and no knock (with 0 in the kr table) if i add a four degrees you hear it knock lightly under load so the tables are pretty close, but if i let it kr itself i detects knock at light throttle as well as load, which it didnt with the auto still thinkdriveline niose of the manual (it is a little noisy) is messing up the filtering.But it drives great so what do you do?
The1

Post by The1 »

well im not a tuner but it would make sense to me if your on a dyno and can test for peak torque then id drop a couple of deg and go back a couple from there. The few 10psi non cooled ive done like 6 deg @ 5600 on 98ron down from 8. The only cooled one ive done was 16psi which settled at 9deg, all with stock ESC, but with Burst knock disabled and high low spark the same. All cars being different though, Yeh driveline or other vibrations can trash KR. I would tell the cust what's going on and options, live with less KR or fix whatevers triggering it.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

these never came out factory with manual did they ? i would be comparing a non boosted motor auto and manual tune and see if there is anything different in the settings for knock and such, might be something there to learn ?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry after last post had a busy arvo!

Not sure what the latest released xdf has with knock, but as a basic tuner you can Siamese the tables if you want to cut corners, but ideally you run it on dyno with knock sensor disabled till max torque & then enable knock sensor & see if its getting knock!

If it is make sure it's false knock & then start dulling off the sensitivity!

Another side note make sure it hasn't got any learnt knock in the ram!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I've just added some Knock Count Info to the XDF... ENJOY (hope it's right & you know what to do with it!)

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Attachments
VT V6 V1.92 $A5K(with Knock counts).xdf
(197.61 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

B.T.W. what are the items you've moded at 51b2 & 51b3?

There's no info on them in the XDF?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have you sen the latest A5 XDFs?? Already has all the knock settings, along with heaps of other stuff.

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=270
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah VL, thats the 1 I updated!!!!

It had other knock stuff but not the counts section!!!!

I have a feeling those 51B2 & 51B3 that have been changed are the DFCO enable/disable RPM, seems a weird way to change it though as why wouldn't you just max out the enable coolant temp like anything else?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Why have you posted an XDF here that only has the ignore counts rather than posting a link to the A5 XDF thread that have heaps more knock related items in them that you? updated :wtf:

I dont think your working with the latest (12/11 update) XDF, if you dont see traction control items then it might be time to get the new ones :thumbup: