the vn calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Re: the vn calais

Post by sprattzvx »

VL400 wrote:The interference is an odd one and not something that normally happens. Does the flashtool get bin command work with the engine running or even during cranking and then run? It shouldnt have a problem.
ill try that also. i remember i had logging issues with the vx from memory it turned out to be related to the plug in coil pack base being loose. figure ill just leave it alone i know the ecu is setup now for real time and theres obviously no harware issues with the nvram or comms board. hopefully when the vx engine and trans goes in its all good.

transgo full race/stick shift kit rolled up yesterday, looks fairly simple really just need to check and check again after assembling the different components and pay very close attention to the instructions which seem to be set in comic book style format :lol: its the rebuild kit install thats got me concerned. im due to do a hydraulics module at tech school soon im a heavy diesel apprentice might be worth waiting till after that as will be doing a number of hydraulic component rebuilds including a few trans rebuilds from scratch. im sure it can be done with time and attention to detail, but would be so much better to fully understand what the components do and how rather then just following instructions and hoping.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

hey guys i have been asked if id like to keep the air con with turbo manifolds, i would however because the manifolds for air con are designed around vs, damien is unsure if the vn engine bay differs around the aircon comp regards the chassis rail etc. think hes done plenty of ecotec into vn manis, but not with air-con, apparently its a real tight fit around the compressor so any difference there will likely cause a no fit. anyone know for sure if theres a diff? pretty sure its the same but having them not fit would be a real bitch. i love my air con :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the chassis rails and k-frame are all the same is that what your referring to ?
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

exactly what im on about mate cheers :thumbup:
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

well l67 engine is in bits, surprisingly both head gaskets where good which i suspected causing the slow pressure build up in the cooling system. pistons all good but plenty of carbon build up. can still see the hone pattern and theres no ridge. gonna ditch the stock pistons get it honed and slot in some diamond forgies from intense along with some new bearings thru out. this build is way off the planned basic engine swap but o`well just gonne take a bit longer is all as the ot and funds become available.
also work has started on the manifolds should be mostly finished next week, and the trans out the back awaiting a pressure clean and disassembly tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG (117.85 KiB) Viewed 6436 times
IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0358.JPG (96.52 KiB) Viewed 6436 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i assume the pipe that goes nowhere is for the other bank ??? wouldn't you want it a bit bigger ?

the fab work looks mint anyways!!
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

Post by Specops »

sprattzvx wrote:yep just gauges jumping around alot etc. will have a play with some connection settings/preferances. using ose plugin.
probably a bit late now but just incase someone else is having this issue

I to was having same problem on a VS equipped with nvram i sorted it out by deselecting the load last data acq. def startup option in tools/preferences/data aqu. & emulation. And having the logging set to use oseplugin with echo selected.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

random pics of trans teardown. as it sits, the input drum, reverse drum have been rebuilt. the case has been drilled and tapped for the vac modulator fitting, the valve body has been filled with transgo full manual valving apart from the 1-2 shift valve as the .265 check ball was missing :x , seperator plate drilled etc. just waiting on the checkball now. the forward clutches where set at .030, and the 3-4 at .020. clearances where set with dry frictions. beast sunshelland all new rubber moulded pistons are in, and all air checks are sweet. now i just need a trans jack to put this heavy bastard in. and for anyone who gets the transtec rebuild kit, look under everything there will be a green disc called the lip magician i think , this thing is VERY handy. im not gonna do a step by step write up cos the1 already has a great one started, will be the one to watch for sure. but i have a lot of photos of the components if anyone ever needs any.
Attachments
PICT0843.JPG
PICT0843.JPG (82.07 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
PICT0804.JPG
PICT0804.JPG (74.69 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
PICT0766.JPG
PICT0766.JPG (127.93 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
PICT0748.JPG
PICT0748.JPG (124.46 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
PICT0713.JPG
PICT0713.JPG (127.71 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
PICT0703.JPG
PICT0703.JPG (102.9 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

damien has nearly finished the manifolds. here are some pics of how the turbz will sit in the car. hes building them to suit the borgwarner s366 and tial 44mm external w/g, which should arrive in a few weeks.
Attachments
IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG (93.68 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG (81.01 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG (73.65 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

starting to think about the base tune for the new donk, planning on nusing either delco`s vn v6 tune, just changing the injector settings to suit, pulling the timing right back and adding a little fuel just to be safe. run it on the smallest spring(4.3 psi) take a few normal driving logs and some part throttle stuff and work my way from there up provided i can get the thing logging. dont wanna fu$k this up putting a fair bit of coin into this thing. hopefully wont have boost creep with the small spring in the gate the waste gate is plumbed into a good spot on these manifolds, although the turbo is pretty jumbo so could be an issue yet.